The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 06-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #31
Cloud

this is really not about me, nor do I want to appear to be constantly whining (or to actually be constantly whining), so I decline to elaborate.

you guys are just a tough crowd! An intelligent, aggressive, thoughtful crowd which has high standards. I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

oh, and BTW, progressive lense bifocals with Transitions ROCK!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #32
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

This remindes me of ancient Arabic saying (for which I can't find a reference):
Me against my brother;
Me and my brother against my father;
Me and my father against my uncle;
Me and my uncle against...

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #33
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

oh wait....don't praise me in this thread....you'll just be proving jiz-a-doobah's (parodies of peoples username is ALWAYS funny) point.

The reason that i can fuck with people and not get bashed, doozie jewbah, is that i know them. I know how to mess with them without really hurting them or costing them face. I would never attack someone for something that I knew was a real vulnerability. I come off as a blow hard, but it takes a certain amount of sensitivity to pull that off without getting ostracized by a group. Most people, by the same token are sensitive enough to get it when i'm sending them a message.

That's how we get along. Look at join dates of the active folks here. More have joined after I have than before. I get along fine with 95% of them. probably 65% of them like me, too.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #34
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

But what about the LURKERS Lj ????
Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #35
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
well, I personally haven't found it to be too true.

The people here seem to like you better here if you ARE an asshat. Unfortunately asshat isn't my normal mode. There are other uncomplimentary phrases to describe me, but that isn't one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLJ View Post
one thing that I noticed very quickly: the most active posters on this site generally have good spelling, proper grammar (includingcapitalization), and are good at expressing themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
cloud, i think you fit in just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
You have posted intelligently, you have started your own threads instead of trashing established ones, you write proper English
I respect you as a poster.
I'm here for intelligence, humour and above all a sense of community. If that means sometimes people get told, "We don't do it like that here" or "Post intelligently or fuck off" then I can live with that. It doesn't make this place a WASP Country Club.
You're an intelligent [wo]man. You're part of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Cloud, you've referred several times now to not feeling welcome or not feeling like you belong. I honestly don't know where this comes from, I think you're well-liked and appreciated around here. It's possible you don't get along with a few members, but that's to be expected--if everything were sunshine and skittles all the time, it really would be a homogenous clique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
you guys are just a tough crowd! An intelligent, aggressive, thoughtful crowd which has high standards. I don't think that's a bad thing at all.
Honestly Cloud - I'll say to you what I say to Shawnee - who I adore - just relax. You are not disliked. I don't think you were ever disliked. If sometimes people don't appreciate a post, a comment, an issue - it's NOT personal.

Please tell me you see the difference between having an issue with someone like Merc calling Ibram a teen fag over and over again, or me having an issue with someone hijacking a NSFW thread with a complaint about LJ? I know you don't like it when threads you start are hijacked - our NSFW thread has been running a while now (in various incarnations).

We like you - as far as I can say "we" anyway. I don't have the password to the Treehouse Gang personally. They let me up if I have tuna sandwiches. But I'll give you a leg up when I get there, while still reserving the right to give you a Chinese Burn if I don't agree with what you're saying.

I think I need to go to bed. I haven't posted this much in a single thread in.... ever?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #36
Cloud

I'm boring even myself here.

SG, I'll take that leg up. D'ya think if we bring the GOOD beer . . . ?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #37
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Where do you think the Good beer is ????
Old 06-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #38
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

In lumberjim's belly!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #39
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

no good beer in there. i treat myself to a light beer once or twice a week. mostly its rum. i love rum, here it goes down, down to my belly. rum rum rum.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #40
Cloud

(grabs the beer back) More for meeeeeee! hah!

. . .

don't need no stinkin' 'net friends! GOT BEER!

whoa. how do I get down off this here tree branch? It sure seems a long way

D

O

W

N

N
N
N
N
N
Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #41
freshnesschronic
Professor

Hmmm. Thanks Sundae Girl.

But as much as everyone gets along with LJ I doubt I will ever like him.

He says he wouldn't attack someone's vulnerability but he definitely repeatedly knocked me up and down about my girlfriend issues, which is the initial reason I joined this place. I found that to be the sole reason why I dislike him immensely. Then he apologizes for antagonizing me, then he keeps antagonizing me. Joke or not, his personality is something that I might never warm up to. All in all, he's a big dick, to me, personally. That's my 2 cents.

Cloud is right. This is a hard crowd and all of us "fucking newbies" as jinx called us in the NSFW dwellar thread are still having trouble transitioning to the well established.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #42
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Jeb and Fresh, I think both of you have a big misperception about people that are 20 or 30 years older than you. Adults usually act in the same way as most college kids do but just have better restraints and taste due to experience. Where I work, the youngest person I work with is twice my age so I have interacted with older adults consistantly for a month or so and this has really changed my view on that.

Another reason you two may feel picked on is because this board does have a tendency to discriminate on age a lot. Sometimes this is founded sometimes it can go overboard. The whining, yes you guys are whining, and talking like life is so unfair will not help your case.

Basically just ignore or accept him and don't take his jokes seriously or you will only get even more frustrated. Yes, LJ is an asshole but that is what makes him funny (if you consider him funny), its his style.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #43
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

boy, kids today. they sure are into labeling people.

why i gotta be a dick? why i gotta be a' asshole? I am clearly a motherfucker. get some skillz before you come frontin' up in dis hizzouse.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #44
freshnesschronic
Professor

Sure. Skirt my post on how I just proved the hypocrisy of your last post about you being a nice dude.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #45
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

OK....i'll adress it later...right now i have to bleed a customer dry. brb!