The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #16
JJ.Thyself
Patti Ann Browne's Bitch

But Now Honestly......Before this "Savin the Earth" Shite Became Popular, How Much Did Gorey Boy ACTUALLY DO for this Planet...

If You Ask Me, then Thyself would say he Probably was a Fluid Energy Waster like the Rest of Us.....Al Gore, an Environmentalist, HA!!!!!!

And Does Anyone Else Know that Al Gore is Part Owner of the Carbon Credit Shit? So the More the Avid, Smart, Concerned Citizen Buys...the Better Ol' Ally Lives Off the Hard Workin, Bill Payin, Average Ol' American..

...Go Mr. Gore Go, Let's Just See How "Silly" the American Public Really Is...
JJ.Thyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #17
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
But Al Gore is still a dork and an attention whore.
Anyone who innovates or who tries to create change or who runs for political office to actually advance mankind is (by your definition) an attention whore. Therefore attention whores are very desireable. Therefore the world need more attention whores.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #18
JJ.Thyself
Patti Ann Browne's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ.Thyself View Post
But Now Honestly......Before this "Savin the Earth" Shite Became Popular, How Much Did Gorey Boy ACTUALLY DO for this Planet...

If You Ask Me, then Thyself would say he Probably was a Fluid Energy Waster like the Rest of Us.....Al Gore, an Environmentalist, HA!!!!!!

And Does Anyone Else Know that Al Gore is Part Owner of the Carbon Credit Shit? So the More the Avid, Smart, Concerned Citizen Buys...the Better Ol' Ally Lives Off the Hard Workin, Bill Payin, Average Ol' American..

...Go Mr. Gore Go, Let's Just See How "Silly" the American Public Really Is...
JJ.Thyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:02 AM   #19
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb View Post
Nobel Prize-winner Al Gore practices what he preached in his film An Inconvenient Truth, driving home the need to reduce harmful carbon emissions in our homes, cars and businesses. The former vice president and his wife, Tipper, recently refurbished their 80-year-old home in Tennessee, making some simple adjustments to increase energy efficiency. Among other changes, they installed a geothermal heating system, solar panels and a rainwater collection system, and replaced their light bulbs with compact fluorescent and diode bulbs. The renovation helped them achieve an 11 percent drop in home energy consumption at a time (in the summer) when most neighboring homes increased energy consumption by 25-30 percent. Happy 60th birthday to environmental activist Al Gore.
That is awesome, how about his other 10,000 sq foot home in Calif? How about all the fuel he wastes jeting around the world to tell us how we need to cut down on the emissions? Hypocrite extraordinaire.
http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dorf/20070326.html
Old 04-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #20
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Anyone who innovates or who tries to create change or who runs for political office to actually advance mankind is (by your definition) an attention whore. Therefore attention whores are very desireable. Therefore the world need more attention whores.
No, that's your definition. But Al Gore is not trying to advance mankind, he's trying to advance Al Gore. He's been successful at it, not because of the academy award, but because he hoodwinked the Nobel Prize Committee into believing junk science.
spudcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
Cloud

ask not what the planet can do for you. ask what you can do for the planet. from this moment forward.

Al Gore has the potential to do a lot of good for this cause--more than you or me.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #22
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
ask not what the planet can do for you. ask what you can do for the planet. from this moment forward.

Al Gore has the potential to do a lot of good for this cause--more than you or me.
I am all for the first part. Fuck Al Gore.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #23
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

People CAN change for the better. Change forever. Even you!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #24
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
No, that's your definition. But Al Gore is not trying to advance mankind, he's trying to advance Al Gore. He's been successful at it, not because of the academy award, but because he hoodwinked the Nobel Prize Committee into believing junk science.
You proof? I don't see any supporting facts or reasons in any of your posts? I hear Rush Limbaugh rhetoric. Is your knowledge only from Rush? Where is that long post with five supporting reasons why? There is a difference between us. I don't post emotions, then declare that as proof.

Conclusions justified by political agendas need no supporting facts. Posted is nothing but a political agenda - obviously - because the post is so pathetically short. A post that short is either a political lie or a good joke. Oh. A belated April Fool's joke. Sorry, Al. I did not realize it was you.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:46 AM   #25
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I find the term "awareness" to be baseline offensive at this point. People think it means "education" when it really means "knowing just enough to act politically about it and no more".
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
You proof? I don't see any supporting facts or reasons in any of your posts? I hear Rush Limbaugh rhetoric. Is your knowledge only from Rush? Where is that long post with five supporting reasons why? There is a difference between us. I don't post emotions, then declare that as proof.

Conclusions justified by political agendas need no supporting facts. Posted is nothing but a political agenda - obviously - because the post is so pathetically short. A post that short is either a political lie or a good joke. Oh. A belated April Fool's joke. Sorry, Al. I did not realize it was you.
I don't need Rush Limbaugh or Al gore to mold my opinions. I do know enough about science to know a charlatan when I see one, and I've seen Al Gore say enough ignorant things in his bumbling career to know George W Bush is a genius compared to Gore.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #27
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Five supporting reasons for bogus man made global warming?
1. The carbon emissions of all of mankind's history are minimal compared to volcanos.
2. Carbon dioxide has been produced by living organisms since the beginning of life on earth. Some of the largest were dinosaurs, and they surely must have generated more greenhouse gases than a few million cows burping.
3. The sun controls our climate, and heating and cooling cycles are just that, cyclical.
4. It is ridiculous to think that man's bumbling could destroy a planet merely by living on it. It's just as foolish to think that people living without modern conveniences could save a planet. Granted, a massive nuclear war could seriously damage the environment, but destroying the American culture, and causing suffering throughout the world won't stop nuclear war. Nor will buying carbon credits from Al Gore.
5. 6 tenths pf a temperature increase in a century is not cause for panic. Nor is the melting of arctic ice. It has happened before, and there were no SUVs back then.

As for Gore putting energy saving products in one of his mansions, that didn't start until he got caught with his pants down wating resources.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #28
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Five supporting reasons for bogus man made global warming?
2. Carbon dioxide has been produced by living organisms since the beginning of life on earth. Some of the largest were dinosaurs, and they surely must have generated more greenhouse gases than a few million cows burping.
That's why the dinosaurs are all dead.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #29
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Oooooo snap!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #30
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
That's why the dinosaurs are all dead.
Not a bad thing. Maybe it's time for Mother Nature to start over and give this world the enema it so deserves.