The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Redux

Ali.....From your examples, the natural progression towards energy conservation and alternative energy sources has been encouraged and supported with government policies and actions for which Australia should be applauded.

And as I noted, in the US, the policies and actions of the last eight years resulted in more of a regression.....eight wasted years, IMO.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
Ali.....From your examples, the natural progression towards energy conservation and alternative energy sources has been encouraged and supported with government policies and actions for which Australia should be applauded.

And as I noted, in the US, the policies and actions of the last eight years resulted in more of a regression.....eight wasted years, IMO.
Well Redux, since Jimmy Carter was pretty big on creating alternative energies, I would say we are actually decades behind.

Do you still work in government? I'm curious, because there is something I want them to work on.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote