The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-10-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Suicide and Jail: Pass me the 409.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA2J35TGLD.html

I hire someone to clean my house so I have more time on the Cellar. I'm not a great housekeeper, although it's mostly clutter. Some days I look around and wonder whether my housekeeping is gonna traumatize my kid someday.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:16 PM   #2
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Dont fret Dar, she'll either be just like you, or directly opposite.

And....

There isnt a gov't agency dictating tidiness standards yet (as far as I know). Maybe we can adopt a new amendment.

"the right of the people to keep their papers unkept shall not be infringed"
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:37 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Some days I look around and wonder whether my housekeeping is gonna traumatize my kid someday.
No, it's not. I've known people that lived like the woman in the article and there kids were/are fine. Like Slang said, some of the kids are neatfreaks and some are slobs, but they all have normal lives and love their parents.
Now my house is never cluttered because I have hardly any furnishings.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:51 PM   #4
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:04 PM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

Well, yeah ... you need room for the doodads.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:59 PM   #6
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Re: Suicide and Jail: Pass me the 409.

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA2J35TGLD.html

I hire someone to clean my house so I have more time on the Cellar. I'm not a great housekeeper, although it's mostly clutter. Some days I look around and wonder whether my housekeeping is gonna traumatize my kid someday.
I hear ya... we keep a tight rein on anything unhygenic--the kitchen and bathrooms are always clean, laundrys are always done, and everyone is bathed regularly. But everything else.... ffft. It's clutter city. Our dining room table is like a black hole. the only concession to order we've been able to enforce is an "in" tray for bills so we don't misplace the mortgage payment coupons or anything like that. We keep trying to get ahead of it but it's tough.

I've decided we just need to throw more stuff out. I recently re-organized my office at work and I just suddenly realized that I should just throw everything out I didn't have room for. Worked great.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:31 PM   #7
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

I've decided we just need to throw more stuff out. I recently re-organized my office at work and I just suddenly realized that I should just throw everything out I didn't have room for. Worked great.

I wish I could do this with my files here at work. Course - my customers might get a tad upset with me.....

Anyway - my house is very clean but it is cluttered. I have a friend though that is so completely anal about his house it drives you up a wall. Then he tells you the story of why he is like he is. His parents & brother & sister are blind. He is the only one in the family that can see. So for years it was enforced into him that everything has its spot so someone doesn't trip and kill themselves on it. Then he joined the Navy for 15 + years.

To mess with him - I take my shoes off and leave em in the middle of the floor and see how many times I can get him to move them around.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:21 PM   #8
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

THATS EVIL DW !!!!!
now i am no neat freak , but ,,, i have helped a certin relation move twice , the first time we had to spray down EVERY thing that went in to the truck to kill the critters , the second time we had to shovel the pet poop out of the way to unstick the furniture from the floor , then I had to LITERLY shovel out their house !!! Hell their trailer was SOOO FUCKING NASTY that they payed my wife $1000( that we have yet to see, but she did un earth the family silver , good thing it was burried or else it would have been sold for druges ) just to bag up their stuff . She had to put on boots , rubber gloves , and a dust mask . I didn't think about goggles ,, she got an eye infection from the SHIT floating in the air. This relation NEVER has to ask me to help them move again , becouse NEATHER one of us will do it !!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:00 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Damn, Zip. You should have firebombed the place.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:10 PM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There are calls to similar residences that our ambulance comes back from and gets into the paper infection control suits and booties, throws their clothes straight into the washer on "hot enough to sterilize" and they head to the crew quarters to shower and Quell. just in case.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #11
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Damn, Zip. You should have firebombed the place

that was discussed for more than one reason . It would have been TOOOOO suspicous .
Old 10-13-2003, 10:39 AM   #12
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

OK, I didn't want to get started, but I'm riled, now.

1) Mother was working a fulltime and part time job.

2) Mother told the boy to take a freaking shower. Did he do it? What is she supposed to do? Tie him up and throw him in there? Spank him? Not feed him until he does? And when is she supposed to do this when she's hardly home?

3) 12 year old boys don't generally take the best care of themselves. That comes later when they realize what girls are and what they have to do to get one.

4) At 12 years old, I was bullied incessantly, and it continued until I finally fought back and put a girl in the hospital when I was 18, in my senior year. Kids are cruel, and we all learn to survive in that world (because it IS a separate world) as best we can. The child did not WANT to be clean. Period. So, making that choice, he gets picked on.

5) NOWHERE did it say in that article that the child did not have access to or was denied the essentials of good hygiene. There may have been dirty laundry, dirty dishes, papers and general stuff everywhere, but how that stops a 12 year old from taking a shower so that the kids don't pick on him is beyond me.

6) If anything, the mother should be blamed for letting him have knives in his closet and not telling the authorites when there was a problem. She worked at the school for shit's sake! He would SOIL himself to keep from going to school? Why wasn't this addressed at the school administration level? No, you can't watch all of the children all of the time, but you can watch MOST of them MOST of the time they're on your property. This wasn't isolated bullying, it was persistant and ONGOING.

7) How they can charge her with assisting a suicide? Why not charge the bullies with assisting the suicide???
Justin had been misbehaving and being passive-agressive for months. I don't remember the exact circumstances now, but I ended up giving him a spanking. I was not yelling and screaming and pissed. I calmly discussed it with him before hand, he knew why he was getting it, and while he didn't agree with the type of punishment (obviously), he did agree that he should be punished, and that all the other punishments I had tried in the previous YEAR were not working. I used a belt on his underwear-clad ass, three swats. I "missed" on the third swat, and got his upper thighs. It left welts.

Justin, listening to all the fuckwads at school that hated him anyway, decided he would tell his "counselor" at school that I "beat" him. The counselor called the police, and I get a phone call at work from Child Protective Services telling me that they have Justin AND Bryan (who attended a different school) in custody at the local shelter.

I had to leave work, (which I got written up for) and go down to CPS, and explain to them why my son had a red mark on his upper thighs. I told them I had given him a spanking with the belt, and I missed on the last swat, then asked why they had taken BOTH of my children out of school. They have the authority to speak to, question, interrogate, and remove any and all children from school WITHOUT parental knowledge and consent. And the school has to let them do it.

I got to take the boys home after promising to seek "Anger Management" and "Parenting" classes, even though I advised them that Justin was already undergoing psychiatric therapy, and I had been discussing the situation with his therapist.

Justin did NOT tell his counselor that it had been OVER a year since his last spanking, and that he did, indeed screw up, and that NOTHING else that I did changed his behavior.

He also did not realize that by making the statements in the way that he did, to the people he did, put him AND his brother in danger of going to foster care and me going to jail. He had NO idea.

Finally, after researching it on the internet, and realizing there was nothing I could do to prevent CPS from coming in and "following up" with Justin without speaking to me first, I made arrangements to pull my boys out of school and start home teaching. Once the administrators got wind of that, suddenly I was getting phone calls when Justin was pulled out of class for a "followup" meeting with the putz that called himself his "worker", who was basically LEADING Justin into telling him something he could use against me. Bryan, being special ed, was a different case, they could not speak to him without an administrator present and the parent notified.

Justin, after I made him realize what was going on, refused to say anything to the guy, except one sentence: 'I have the right to have my mother present at this meeting.' That's all he would say. After three meetings of that, the worker gave up and "closed" our "case". Apperantly he wasn't interested in Justin's answers if I was there to hear the questions.

To have the MOTHER charged with assisting her son's suicide is LUDICROUS.

Edit: grammer and CPS story.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 10-13-2003 at 11:11 AM.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote