The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 01-16-2002, 06:03 PM   #16
Slight
Semi-Evil Genius

OK since no one else said it I will. "This picture is the greatest thing since sliced rat."

This is funny because you eat nasty stuff all the time, whether or not you can see it. That is the magic of your digestive system. If what you ate was truly bad for you then it will find its way out of you quicker than normal.

Who knows who touched your food before you picked it up and put it your mouth? It's not listed on the label. And here is another happy thought for you. When you smell shit, what you are smelling are shit particles in your nose.
Slight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 06:45 PM   #17
jaguar
whig

i've happily eaten in vietnamese street stalls, if it doesn't move, it usually won't make me sick.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:49 PM   #18
Joe
Master of the Domain

you're right

Come to think of it, I think insects and some arthropods are actually *healthy* to eat.

So you're wolfing down a burrito at your local taco shack, and you crunch something unusual. Spit it out? Or just keep munching?

I know I usually just keep munching, I can glean enough information from the crunch to know whether my system can probably handle it or not. And I'd rather not know what it was, because chances are fare to middling that it was a fat juicy spider. Spitting it out and seeing the remains would scar me for life, while simply swallowing the remains without making a positive identification will introduce enough plausible deniability that I actually ate a spider to just pretend that I did not.

I know those 3-4 spiders I consume each year are just packed with spidery goodness. Mmmm!

Oh, and one more thing. The odds of getting a bug in your food are not at all related to just random chance.

Teenage food prep technicians will generally place any large insects captured at work into food on a dare, if they couldn't get laid or score any weed or if they just feel like it. Next time you're in your local pizzaria, count the dead flies on the shelves or other horizontal surfaces in the cooking area. Don't see any? Know why?

And lastly: If you are a policeman and think that eating in public restaurants in your uniform is a good idea, it isn't.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:43 AM   #19
juju
no one of consequence

I don't think that a customer could have actually purchased this loaf of bread and brought it home with them.

At best, the store's stocker would have noticed the rat and pulled the loaf. At worst, the rat would be noticed by the customer or cashier prior to purchasing it.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 08:53 AM   #20
jennofay
..the small and meek.

Quote:
Originally posted by juju2112
I don't think that a customer could have actually purchased this loaf of bread and brought it home with them.

At best, the store's stocker would have noticed the rat and pulled the loaf. At worst, the rat would be noticed by the customer or cashier prior to purchasing it.
perhaps the bottom of the bag was opaque?

jennofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:43 AM   #21
dave

Yeah, when I'm buying a loaf of bread, I don't just grab it and stick it in my cart. No, I pull it out and thoroughly inspect it to make sure there's nothing foul in it, like a smashed & sliced mouse. :P
Old 01-17-2002, 03:03 PM   #22
jaguar
whig

i bet you will now.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:11 PM   #23
Griff
still says videotape

Strange Brew

Bob and Doug MacKenzie, eh?
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 03:14 PM   #24
dave

You bet wrong. It's not worth the extra effort for the miniscule chance of it happening.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:22 PM   #25
Joe
Master of the Domain

actually

I don't think I'll ever again be able to buy bread without checking it out pretty good.

If I've already lifted it off the shelf, it will be easy to just look it over as I place it in the cart.

Yep, the Cellar has modified my behavior yet again.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote