The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #1051
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
She's the best helper I've ever had. Down to the way she hands me the screws point first, so I can take it and stick it on the bit without having to flip it. She's like a pit crew guy. She's handing me the tool/bit /pencil before I have the chance to ask for it. I'm glad I got her.
It's good to have someone on the same page isn't it.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #1052
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Last Wednesday I called the cops. I don't think I've ever called them before. I called about a suspicious vehicle parked in front of the house across the street from me. The neighbor in that house is a retired Merchantville Police Detective. Kind of a big shot, and a real nice guy. He wasn't home, and there was a pearl white Escalade parked in front of his place with the windows down. There was white and pink writing all over the back windows. Dates of someone's birth/death.

Amanda was up before me, and it was there when she woke up... we figure 2 hours or so, it was there.

The strange part was that you could see a 1 yr? old baby poke his head out, and you could see the driver's arm... but nothing else. AND every few minutes, the driver would shout, 'Fuck!' or 'Shit!' or make a long whooping sound. It was really strange. And no one around on the street. No other cars, no reason for it to be there...

So our imaginations started filling in the back story.

a) The guy might just have tourettes. (but really, that's SO rare, and too easy an answer)

b) The guy is a hit man waiting for the detective that had something to do with whoever's date of death was written on the car windows.

c) the fuck else could it even be!??

So I called the PO PO because b) seemed the most likely. Just told them what i was seeing and that I was hoping they would roll a car past the detective's house just to have a look see.

as SOON as i hung up ...like AS I was putting down my phone...., a lady came out of the house next to the cop's house and called out to the guy in the truck.

SHIT.

So I called the cops right back and told them it was cool. The neighbors know the guy. There was a baby party inside and he was waiting out there with the toddler.

They came anyway. 3 of them. in 2 cars and a truck. Jesus. and one of them came right up my walk to get my info. discreet. I felt so bad that i went over to the guys car and apologized. Soooorrry, man... I heard you yellign cuss words and saw the little kid... and...

the wife: 'Yeah, well... he has Tourette's.'

FUCK ME RUNNING

seriously?

And of course, there was something up with the insurance card and they got hassled for 10 minutes or so. While I sat there melting into the floor of my porch.

better safe than sorry, I guess... but not my proudest moment.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #1053
glatt

Sorry man. But you had the best intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #1054
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Better safe than sorry. Especially when others you want to remain safe are involved.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #1055
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Sorry, but that is fucking funny. And eerily psychic.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #1056
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

so, interesting story lj; glad it worked out.

there's this guy, regular guy, job, family, car, etc, etc. but a lot of the time, people around him look at him weird, or suspiciously. he's really just a regular guy, but he makes people nervous.... just being himself. sometimes that suspicion rises to the the level of an official response from the PO PO.

pop quiz--what is it about this guy? do you think it's because he has tourette's or because he's black?
Old 05-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #1057
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Pearl white Escalade.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:08 AM   #1058
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
...or because he's black?
Did I miss that part? Did it say he was black? I didn't see anything about shots fired, so, he had to be white, right?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:25 AM   #1059
Griff
still says videotape

Pearl white Escalade.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #1060
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

he was black. Kind of looked like Alan Iverson. but I couldn't really tell until he got out of the car when the lady came out. You could see his arm, but if i had to guess based on just his arm, I'd have said he was latino. The mother was white, and the baby was light skinned with fuzzy brown hair.

What made me more nervous was the writing on the windows of the car, and the cuss words being shouted. Each time he did it, he would kind of jerk or punch the air. Like he was very angry. I didn't want to walk up to the car to ask him what he was doing. 10 years ago I might have done..... but I've got people that depend on me, and I thought it more prudent to call it in.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #1061
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
She's really upset with me again
I didn't give her what she likes
I don't know what to tell her
Don't know what to say
Everything got funky last night

She was really bombed
And I was really blown away
Until I asked her what she wanted
And this is what she had to say
A pearl Escalade
She wanna pearl Escalade
She wanna pearl Escalade
Old 05-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #1062
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Outstanding. ZZTop still rocks.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #1063
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Guess what we did today, tarheel?

Old 05-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #1064
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OMG, she's domesticated you. Good for her, it'll be good for you.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #1065
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I came pre-domesticated. We have gotten a lot of compliments from the neighbors as we work on the yard. Amandas impact is not going unnoticed. One lady even dropped off a 4 pack of impatients and a card saying how much better the place looks since she moved in. No shit.