The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 07-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #16
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"your social circle"

My 'circle' includes a lot of folks 'across the spectrum' in eight different parishes, most met and dealt with as a researcher (not friend or family)...most of these folks disapprove of the ACA.

Anecdotal, sure, which to my mind makes 'my' poll no better or worse than any cited, or pointed to, by you or me.

Incidentally: I've never been polled by anyone on anything. Gotta imagine mebbe there's a few more folks like me out there: mean-spirited bastids who haven't been 'counted and tabulated'.

So, you go on layin' your money on polls, polling, pollsters (those paragons!)...me, I'll stick with what I know, not what someone tells me I'm supposed to know.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #17
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
I've never been polled by anyone on anything.
Not even in jail, or that one time at bandcamp?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #18
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*snort*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #19
henry quirk

Grave,

Not kosher to project your childhood woes onto others.

Dana,

Coke is bad for the sinuses.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #20
henry quirk

On Monday, July 17, 2017, Senator John Kennedy <Senator_Kennedy@kennedy.senate.gov> wrote:

Dear Mr. Quirk:

Thank you for contacting me in support of repealing the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as “Obamacare.”**I am pleased to let you know that I share your view.

Obamacare was sold as something that would provide millions of uninsured Americans with access to affordable healthcare.**Unfortunately, Obamacare failed on those promises.**Americans were promised lower health insurance premiums.**In reality, premiums will increase by an average of 25 percent this year for the millions of Americans in the exchanges.**Americans were promised “if you like your plan you can keep it.”**What really happened is that 4.7 million Americans were kicked off their health care plans by Obamacare.**Americans were also promised more choice when purchasing health insurance,*but a large part of the country has only one insurer offering plans on the Obamacare exchanges.**That’s not choice.*

Americans deserve better.**I am focused on repealing Obamacare and replacing it with personalized, patient-centered health care that will be affordable.**Americans should not be forced to buy insurance they don’t like, don’t need, and cannot afford.**I’m working to make sure they won’t have to for much longer.

As you know, the House of Representatives passed the American Health Care Act on May 4.**Also, a draft Senate bill, the Better Care Reconciliation*Act, was released on June 22.**I am carefully studying it in its entirety to see how it would impact Louisianans.**As I am reviewing, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.**Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

John Kennedy
United States Senator

#

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017, Henry Quirk <hquirk@gmail.com> wrote:

"I am pleased to let you know that I share your view."

If so, you'll work to repeal THEN replace and leave all this repeal and replace manure alone, yes?
Old 07-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's the problem with you right wingers, you think coke is the only snortable, when there's actually a wide array.
Why you can even snort chocolate now, and Ozzie snorted ants.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #22
henry quirk

And that's the problem with you left-wingers: you think any one who disagrees with you is a right-winger...
Old 07-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And that's the problem with you right-wingers: you think anyone who disagrees with you is a left-winger.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #24
henry quirk

pffftt!

Old 07-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #25
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Grave,

Not kosher to project your childhood woes onto others.
Childhood? I was talking 'bout last week!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #26
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Republicans have spent the last 8 +/- years hating ACA but never came up with an "alternative" until that moron Trump took office. And what they came up with is so bad, their own party can't get it passed. Most admit they don't even know what's IN it.

Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to repeal the ACA when there's NOTHING to take it's place is just as stupid as that moron in the WH.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #27
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Just curious, does anyone here but me know anybody who is insured through an O-care insurance marketplace?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #28
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Just curious, does anyone here but me know anybody who is insured through an O-care insurance marketplace?
I had it when I was under-employed for a years or so. Never had a problem with it.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #29
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Not sure. Maybe my brother in law. Either that or he's paying the penalty. I don't know though.

Obamacare doesn't just touch those marketplaces though. It has lots of rules that impact employer plans. Maximum overhead charged by insurance companies is regulated, kids can stay on family plans up to age 26, pre-existing conditions are covered, free annual physicals. That's just off the top of my head.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #30
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I know, I'm just wondering because my friend Marcus is pretty unhappy. For him it's the lowest tier Aetna, and he claims he pays $325/month, POST-subsidy and still has like a $1000 deductible which he has to hit every year. This was not what I expected, but I'm suspicious of his numbers.

He makes like $15/hour at light construction, but he sells weed on the side so he can afford it.

Pre O-care, he had a heart attack on Medicaid and says it went great and he paid about nothing. This year his hip replacement put him in the poor house.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote