The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-05-2003, 10:08 PM   #16
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
You guys should have listened to me when I said the rape claim was bullshit.

"Oh, no, Juju.. I regularly see first posters who tell me they were raped when they were twelve!"
an "I told you so?"

she never claimed rape, juju. She just said she had sex at 12 yrs old with an oldr guy....

we(well, some of we) decided that it was rape.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #17
juju
no one of consequence

Yes, an I told you so. After all I shit I caught just for wording my observation badly, I think I at least deserve to let it be known that I was right.

Sorry about the rape thing. I misspoke. :)
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 10:59 PM   #18
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
There was a day when I'd just say if we all just ignored her, she would either go away or reform.
It just depends on the person...ignoring some people works brilliantly. But for some folks, it's like the Morrissey song..."the more you ignore me, the closer I get."

I would be the latter.

As far as April goes, "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people"--The Refreshments

(Sorry about the musical lyrics...they just seemed appropriate here.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:39 AM   #19
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

From Disturbed - The Game

I kind of like the misery you put me through
Darlin' you can trust me completely
If you even try to look the other way
I think that I could kill this time
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:06 AM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

If the PM she sent FnF was true ... I think it's damn awful that CPS is after her (not from the perspective that she's wrongly accused of something, but that she has been accused of something she actually did) AND that she's fleeing the jurisdiction and abandoning AprilJr AND that her parents appear to be in collusion with her (mom sending and father accepting).

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:46 AM   #21
insoluble
developmentally disabled rear end headwear

The baby would probably be in better hands were it adopted by a competent person/family. Do you really think that April turned out the way she did with no maternal influence? I bow to your superior psychological knowledge (Wolf), but I would guess that many of April's emotional issues stem from her upbringing, therefore the poor April Jr is being groomed to be another attention-grabbing delusional insecure fuckup who shirks responibility for her actions and endlessly seeks approval from others as a means of validating her self worth. So to sum up - CPS = good, April/April's mom = bad.

/edit - grammar/
insoluble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 07:26 AM   #22
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Looks like fNF was correct in his initial assessment. I think that needs to be said.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:23 AM   #23
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i don't think there is much that CPS is better than.....i'd rather see the childs parents or gp's raise her......you just can't win with foster care or group homes......
Old 12-06-2003, 08:32 AM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not slighting FNF but what do we know is true? The entire r9703410 through April goes to Colorado could be concocted by a bored school janitor in Texas, for all I know.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:57 AM   #25
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Well, hopefully the ban worked and we can all move along. Nothing to see here, citizens. And really, there never was.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 10:15 AM   #26
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Of course, when she gets to Colorado Springs, we have to go through this exercise all over again.

Assuming that april doesn't push everyone there over the edge.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:37 PM   #27
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

I don't know which is more amusing. The nonsense posted by some teenage girl - or so much emotion from others here who should have been adult enough to just ignore it. Long time Cellar Dwellers will remember a man named Barak - who played the "white boys" incessently. He too got others all huffed up and emotional over what was simple silliness. The difference was that Barak openly acknowledged he was baiting the "white boys". It is not just April who was being absurdly amusing. Funny to watch the pots call the kettle black.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 07:09 PM   #28
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by tw
I don't know which is more amusing. The nonsense posted by some teenage girl - or so much emotion from others here who should have been adult enough to just ignore it. Long time Cellar Dwellers will remember a man named Barak - who played the "white boys" incessently. He too got others all huffed up and emotional over what was simple silliness. The difference was that Barak openly acknowledged he was baiting the "white boys". It is not just April who was being absurdly amusing. Funny to watch the pots call the kettle black.
condescending, much?

the problem with a post like that is that if you respond to it, you're basically admitting guilt to what he accuses you of.

[COLOR=sea-green]Very kind of you to point out our flaws, so that we might improve our lowly ass selves. Perhaps you would like to give the rest of us some pointers on the proper way to act on some other topics, so that we can be better people. . [/color]
Old 12-07-2003, 11:14 PM   #29
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
condescending, much? ...
Very kind of you to point out our flaws,
Curious how you think your mindset is "our" mindset. Others responded to April with specific agendas. Dagney, for example, expressed both a curiosity and the hand of a helpful friend. Best way to summarize both Wolf and Oynxcougar's responses is 'tough love'. Beestie logically identified a sadistic relationship between April and some (only a few) posters. The relationship existed even if one poster would deny it.

Again, those posters were just the type that Barak setup to play. Those with self serving emotional objectives rather than logical ones. Those who were so quick to judge without first hearing something original. Some posted, as if only for a self serving 'sadistic' gratification, to attack a kid. Some of what they posted:
Quote:
... are you being nice to April because you think you will be able to bang her?
or
Quote:
She's a vacuum
Rather unfortunate that this kid, April, has put herself into this mess. And rather sad that her life may be in such disrepair that she puts it all out for everyone to read - maybe a classic call for help. And yes, she is a kid apparently with parents who may also still be kids.

Beestie did ask an important question. Since he could not get an honest answer from the actors, then he was forced to suggest an answer himself:
Quote:
My opinion is that what we have here is a good, ole fashioned, online abusive relationship.
A curious question to those that are professionals in this science. Are some of the abusive responses to April precursors to a sadistic personality? Might this be the type of person that routinely takes delight at the expense of others in other social settings?

Like Barak, April was only an interesting lightning rod. Nothing there that should have made anyone angry - unless they are easy bait for the Barak types. Barak had an agenda to play some 'white boys' emotions - and did so successfully. However did April expose what may be unacceptable social behavior in some posters? Apparently some who abused April took delight in it - and also refused to answer Beestie's question.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:39 PM   #30
insoluble
developmentally disabled rear end headwear

or perhaps a few of us are disgusted by people like April and can't hold our "tongues" indefinitely. Maybe a little sadism is shining through in your posts as well? Or maybe you just derive pleasure from lurking until the end of an issue, at which point you can come in with a haughty attitude after no involvement in what you are commenting on.
insoluble is offline   Reply With Quote