The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-05-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
perth
Strong Silent Type

Why April Needs to be IP Banned

Below is the text of a PM April sent me yesterday when I challenged her reasons for coming here, after she chose option 2 (for those playing at home, that was "Because you're a troll", paraphrased).

Quote:
Come on now.

Listen no one knows this but you.

Most of the stuff I say, like the being raped forum was a lie ok. This yeah its true but some of it isn't. Calm down not all true.
I'll let that speak for itself.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:33 PM   #2
april

Go ahead do whatever the fuck you want run to undertoad and be a bitch.

Thats to ALL of you!
april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:34 PM   #3
perth
Strong Silent Type

For what it's worth, this was my reply:

Quote:
Okay, you've admitted and confirmed you're a troll. I've watched this board go to shit in the past month or so, in large part due to massive trolling by numerous people. The Cellar is an important part of my life as well as many others here. So asking me to calm down is like lighting my house on fire and then telling me to relax and watch it burn. If it were up to me and I did have banning rights you would have been IP banned the moment I read this message. As it is, it is not my decision so I get to grin and bear it. But I don't have to like it. Stop lying, stop begging for attention, think before you post and stop wasting people's time or I will post this PM to the public boards and any goodwill or sympathy you may have garnered here will go down the tubes before you can say "Goddamn, I didn't know Perth could be such an asshole".
Old 12-05-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

I think we've reached the point where we have sufficient evidence that this child is abusing the ability to use the Internet during school hours.

Didn't someone track down what school went to and the associated IP address? I have her LogOn ID that she said she used at the school, (because she so brilliantly used it as her log on HERE previously)

I think it's time to contact the school district and advise them of what their students do during the school day.

I know that if I lived in Texas, I'd just be thrilled beyond words that this is what my tax dollars were paying for.

If she were my daughter, she'd be locked up in a girl's school and let out about when she was 30.

(And yes, I'm secretly waiting for the "I'm a troll on Internet Forum Boards edition of Jerry Springer - Starring April - the girl who admits to Lying)

Dagney

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:52 PM   #5
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

She wasn't a 'text book' troll.

It wasn't her goal to provoke people. She was just bored to death during study hall and had nowhere to go. So she went to this forum and posted idiotic crap hoping to get some quick responses.

She probably posted the rape crap to get some sort of support/empathy from dave and others who were at the time trying to save her from the evil FNF.

Anyway no more out of me on this idiotic topic.

Glad it's over.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
perth
Strong Silent Type

I tend to use the term "troll" loosely. She was trying to provoke a response of some kind be it positive or negative.

I was content to keep my mouth shut until she started with the wetback thing. That really touches a nerve with me. Several years back, I worked for a roofing company which employes a lot of (legal) mexican crews. This was in Iowa, and people yoused to call in irate the there were "wetbacks" and "mesksicans" working on their roof. The men I met on those crews were nothing but hard-working devoted family men and not a one of them deserved to be treated with anything but respect.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:01 PM   #7
FileNotFound

Odd..I never heard the term before.

Must not have made it to the east coast, that or I'm just excluded from hearing it due to working in IT etc..
Old 12-05-2003, 03:09 PM   #8
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

From the Jargon File:

Quote:
Troll

1. v.,n. (from the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban)To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.

2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.”
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #9
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The deed is done. We'll see whether it 'takes'.

There was a day when I'd just say if we all just ignored her, she would either go away or reform.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #10
FileNotFound

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad

There was a day when I'd just say if we all just ignored her, she would either go away or reform.
I think if you did that she'd just create 50 accounts to chat with herself...

I'm almost curious enough to try...
Old 12-05-2003, 03:55 PM   #11
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Undertoad, I believe you've given that advice before, and no one here seems able to follow it. People get too much enjoyment out of flaming people and getting flamed back. It's kind of depressing.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:19 PM   #12
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

thank you toad......she sent ME this PM....wonder if it's lies too:
Quote:
april
Compatriot-at-Arms

DON'T SHOW THIS TO ANYONE!

The reason I'm leaving her here is b/cc someone called Child Protective Services on me (CPS).

Its to get away from all the mess.

Does that make since?
lumberjim
A Kinder, Gentler Dave

Re: DON'T SHOW THIS TO ANYONE!

why would you tell me that?

i hope you get your shit togehter really soon and take care of your child..you have to grow up. you don't have a choice.
hope that the ip ban works......

asshat crapflooding retard
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:42 PM   #13
juju
no one of consequence

You guys should have listened to me when I said the rape claim was bullshit.

"Oh, no, Juju.. I regularly see first posters who tell me they were raped when they were twelve!"
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:03 PM   #14
warch
lurkin old school

Yea! The ignoring was getting tiresome. But it did save me the psycho PMs! Maybe that, and it sounds like she/he/it's trolling for manmeat.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:13 PM   #15
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad

C'mon.... admit it, man. Two of the most satisfying words an admin can type are 'deny from'.
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote