The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 10-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #451
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Wow. You still don't know your spelling error. The wrong letters entirely. Let's spell it properly again.

ad· homi·nem·

This is not an indicator of Dyslexia.

You know what? I like you RK. You started the name calling in this very thread that you don't remember me being a part of. Do you really smoke that much pot?

When you have any grievance with anyone you immediately get petty. I've done this to people and I force myself to apologize because I've been wrong. Do you have no conscience?

And- I'm not going to take definitions from someone that doesn't even know how to have a conversation or connect with other people. I have friends just like you. You squawk and squawk and poop, leaving everyone else to clean up your crap. One of my good friends is also exhibiting this behavior by stirring up issues on a bulletin board and not even listening when people are in complete agreement. He posts controversial crap constantly and doesn't even check the responses to his newest complaint. He's being a human troll, and I'm not going to bother with him anymore either. He's become someone that has a complete inability to communicate. He's become a walking billboard of current issues, and any act of real communication is futile anymore. He's become the human embodiement of a troll. See, when people do this in person people give up then too. How do you expect to get away with it here? Did you already forget that people were here for you while you were in the hospital? Or was I tail-posting in that thread too? Was offering support another unoriginal idea that I had? Screw you. And it's not just me. You do this to everyone.

Start paying some attention to what other people are saying.
Oh Noz! I post interesting topics to talk about in a DISCUSSION BOARD!!
Then when people don't agree with what I think, just one person on the board, I don't take it personally... what will we do?!?!
I often tell people I care about the events in their life and wish them well and tell you what is happening in my life. If you choose not to read these, ok.
If you think you can speak for everyone, again, ok.
What a kid fit.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #452
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

rkz...will you please answer me? I would really like to know why you made the statement you did.

Maybe there's something I'm missing.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #453
rkzenrage

I was making an generality, it is true that it can occur at any intellegence level, yet it is common among the very intellegent. We are often intellegent and creative enough to compensate for it so most have no idea.

Leonard Da Vinci
Ann Bancroft, Arctic Explorer.
Alexander Graham Bell.
John Britten, Inventor.
Thomas Edison.
Albert Einstein.
Michael Faraday.
Dr. James Lovelock.
Willem Hollenbach, astronomical photographer and inventor.
John R. Horner, Paleontologist.
Paul MacCready "Engineer of the Century."
Archer Martin, Chemist (1952 Nobel Laureate)
Pierre Curie, Physicist (1903 Nobel Prize).
John Robert Skoyles, Brain Researcher.
Werner Von Braun
George Patton.
Ansel Adams, Photographer.
David Bailey, Photographer.
Leonardo da Vinci.
Ignacio Gomez, Muralist.
Tommy Hilfiger, Clothing Designer.
Pablo Picasso.
Robert Rauschenberg.
Auguste Rodin.
Bennett Strahan
Robert Toth
Jørn Utzon (architect, designed Sydney Opera house)
Andy Warhol.
Cher.
Brad Little.
John Lennon.
Nigel Kennedy, Violinist.
Bob Weir, Grateful Dead Guitarist.
Harvey Cushing, Surgeon.
Fred Epstein,Neurosurgeon.
Winston Churchill.
King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
Michael Heseltine.
Andrew Jackson.
Thomas Jefferson.
John F. Kennedy.
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco.
Nelson Rockefeller.
Paul Wellstone,U.S. Senator.
Woodrow Wilson.
George Washington.
Scott Adams, Cartoonist (Dilbert)
Hans Christian Andersen
Avi
Jeanne Betancourt, (Author of "My Name is Brain Brian").
Steven Cannell, television writer & novelist.
John Corrigan, novelist..
Larry Chambers.
Andrew Dornenburg, award-winning author and chef.
Agatha Christie.
Fannie Flagg (Author of "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe").
F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Gustave Flaubert.
Terry Goodkind fantasy writer, author of The Sword of Truth series.
Patricia Polacco, Children's Author and Illustrator.
Eileen Simpson (Author of "Reversals").
Elizabeth Daniels Squire(author of mystery novels).
Bernie Taylor, author of Biological Time.
Victor Villaseñor
W.B. Yeats
Richard Branson,Founder of Virgin Enterprises.
John T Chambers,CEO of Cisco Systems.
Henry Ford.
William Hewlett, Co-Founder, Hewlett-Packard.
Craig McCaw, Telecommunications Visionary.
O.D. McKee, founder of McKee Foods.
David Neeleman, CEO of jetBlue Airways.
Paul J. Orfalea, founder of Kinko's.
Charles Schwab, Investor.
Ted Turner, President, Turner Broadcasting Systems.
F.W. Woolworth
Robert Benton.
Nicole Betancourt, Emmy-winning filmmaker.
Walt Disney.
Søren KraghJacobsen (Danish film director).
Harry Anderson
Orlando Bloom
Harry Belafonte
Tom Cruise
Dave Foley
Danny Glover
Whoopi Goldberg
Susan Hampshire
Jay Leno
Keanu Reeves.
Kiera Knightley
Edward James Olmos
Oliver Reed.
Billy Bob Thornton.
Tom Smothers
Robin Williams
Henry Winkler
Loretta Young
Old 10-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #454
Aliantha

I will still argue that it is common among people of any intelligence level rkz. I've already acknowledged that it can indeed be a problem intelligent people have to work around also.

You probably wont find a list of dumb people who have dyslexia because they never got famous. Although I'd have to say from looking at that list that it's arguable as to what sort of intelligence qualifies them to be on your list of intelligent people.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #455
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I will still argue that it is common among people of any intelligence level rkz. I've already acknowledged that it can indeed be a problem intelligent people have to work around also.

You probably wont find a list of dumb people who have dyslexia because they never got famous. Although I'd have to say from looking at that list that it's arguable as to what sort of intelligence qualifies them to be on your list of intelligent people.
ur stealin my linez
Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #456
Aliantha

srry.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #457
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
ur stealin my linez
Cokanz iz not teh ansorz!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #458
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I bet that the 'not-so-smart' people with dyslexia aren't even considered to have this issue or tested for it. They're simply written off as 'dumb' and that's the end of it.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #459
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

This is what I like about the cellar: You can be discussing abortion and it can turn into a dyslexia debate. No really, I think that's awesome. Just a good mood today I guess.

RK, I've grown tired of the arguement...I'm in a live and let live mood. Go about your business how you see fit. I'm no judge of character. I'd just like to see you apologize every once in awhile, or reverse an opinion when it doesn't even add up with you. Whatever. Lots of people are trying to say the same thing...I don't need to do it. Hey- I don't even care about your insults. The truth hurts. And well...I'm still happy so that should tell you something. Have a nice one.

Engrish error message:
Sorry for disturb!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #460
rkzenrage

I have reversed my opinion and admitted when I have been wrong (no I won't go look it up) more than once.
I will apologize when I start an attack, I don't do that. I post threads on topics that I find interesting and I discuss them impersonally until I am attacked, these days that is usually on the first post, as I have a bevy of stalkers now.
The truth? What truth.
Don't like my topic/threads, don't go in them, if you do, don't get/take them personally, just discuss them and I will not return insults/personal attacks.
It is very simple.
Find a place where I started it and I will apologize and tell you I am sorry.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #461
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Umm...the post where you accused Cicero of tailposting springs immediately to mind. She (quite fairly and reasonably) moved a discussion from another thread which had veered off into the abortion debate over to here: a thread about abortion. Your response was an outright and unneccesary attack.

rk, just because people disagree with you does not make them stalkers. Nor does it constitute an attack. You made an outrageous statement about Dyslexia being indicative of intelligence. I posted in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek manner that my bullshit detector had gone off and explained why you were incorrect in your assertion. Your response? to attack me for even having joined in the conversation and accuse me of ....I'm not quite sure what, I guess ganging up on you.
For the record: I did not respond to your comment because it was you who made it. I responded to your comment because it was about dyslexia and I have done a little work in that field. You say that dyslexics are intelligent, i say yes, some of them are. Some of them are not. There's no way to be entirely sure, but I would suspect given what evidence there is, that the proportions are no different than in the rest of the population.

Out of a class of 25-30 adult, basic-skills students I could reasonably expect at least 10 of them to exhibit symptoms and characteristics of dyslexia. Whether they were all in fact dyslexic, I have no way of knowing without conducting dyslexia tests on them, which I am not qualified to do. Undiagnosed dyslexia is thought by many in the field to account for a large proportion of the destructive life-patterns of many young, male criminals, currently in jail. The proportions of male prisoners who are functionally illiterate is close to fifty percent. Of those a significant proportion are likely to be dyslexic. Up until the last twenty years the vast majority of dyslexics either found their own coping strategies which worked, or were left behind and labelled 'stupid'. A very high proportion of my older students displayed dyslexic characteristics, far higher than amongst the younger students (25-30).

The fact that you have a long list of very clever, very creative people with dyslexia tells us nothing, other than that dyslexia need not disable someone from participating in literary, academic, or creative pursuits. I can find you a similar list of very clever, very creative people who are not dyslexic.

Now. I haven't returned to this topic because I hate you, wish to stalk you, wish you ill, or enjoy getting a rise out of you. I have returned to it, because you are barking up entirely the wrong tree, and it happens to be a tree I'm quite fond of.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #462
lookout123
changed his status to single

don't worry Rage, i've got it covered for you.

Dana, you're a stalker. i don't care what you think.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #463
Pie
Gone and done

Dyslexia is a disease of the intelligent, because:
- If you're intelligent, they'll call you 'dyslexic'
- If you're not intelligent, they'll call you 'dumb'
Old 10-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #464
rkzenrage

Quote:
Your response was an outright and unneccesary attack
In no way was it an attack, it was an accurate description of what she was doing, rehashing a topic that had been previously exhausted, ad-naseum, previously in the thread... a thread she had not read.
Yes, she had been invited, how does that precode reading it?

I stated dyslexia can occur in any intelligence range, clearly and concisely. Two posts later. You must have missed that one. Please, go check it out.

I'm glad you are better at diagnosing me over the net than the professionals that have in person, more than once... you are truly skilled!

Quote:
Now. I haven't returned to this topic because I hate you, wish to stalk you, wish you ill, or enjoy getting a rise out of you. I have returned to it, because you are barking up entirely the wrong tree, and it happens to be a tree I'm quite fond of.
Actually, you have returned and posted an extensive and factually incorrect attack.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #465
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
In no way was it an attack, it was an accurate description of what she was doing, rehashing a topic that had been previously exhausted, ad-naseum, previously in the thread... a thread she had not read.
Yes, she had been invited, how does that precode reading it?

I stated dyslexia can occur in any intelligence range, clearly and concisely. Two posts later. You must have missed that one. Please, go check it out.

I'm glad you are better at diagnosing me over the net than the professionals that have in person, more than once... you are truly skilled!

Actually, you have returned and posted an extensive and factually incorrect attack.
This thread. RK. This thread that I didn't even read....Did I read this right?

My joke wasn't that funny but you took the opportunity to call me a"sexist".
There are other examples...I'm just tired of the arguement....Done. I'm just done with it.

I'm working on being more polite, everywhere. I'm trying to visualize how I act and how I normally treat people to their faces...So the same will apply here from now on....
You also don't know that I did a fair amount of research on the topic of sexism. I had to reverse my opinion after a period of intense study, and a couple of specious essays that I received a perfect score on. It was going to be a book, it was going so well. I had an epiphany about the said topic and had to dump my former ideas, and the idea of a book as well. I am probably the least sexist person I know, because I am very sensitive to it and unlike most people, (because they are normal and I am crazy over the topic) I actually recognize when I'm ascribing to it, and stop myself. Like most of your insults- that one just doesn't fly and you could never understand the depths of how wrong your impressions are about it.

So- I'm not going to argue. Hope you are having a good one and there's no need to even respond to what I've written here if you would like to continue in this vein.....
I read too much Epictetus this weekend and I am giving up inflammatory arguements and trading them in for good debates. There's just no good, in any sense of the word, that can come from it. I've been pretty petty here lately, as I have been bated and took the hook almost every time.
So...
I hope you are having a good day and if you aren't...find a way to make that happen!

Off topic and I don't care:
SamIam can be proud now that I am going to utilize the good stuff I read again. You win. (Sam)

I hope Dana was just refering to me.

Last edited by Cicero; 10-22-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote