The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
vocalperk
Profitable Prophet

update

Flint: When I had time to do more vocal percussion and I would think of beats during the day to record later on I had to come up with some kind of shorthand and way of remembering the rhythm, so I did this type of thing with different sounds and syllables having only one way of being written. I would just put regularly spaced accent marks (ticks) above the syllables like a metronome and write the sounds out where they would fall in relation to the accent marks. A more syncopated beat would just require more accents closer together (like 16th instead of quarter).

I bought the song today, listened to it, and made some adjustments to my clip. My memory was only slightly off - it is still essentially the same rhythm, it's just that there were just no single "kuh" sounds, only "bu-kuh" sounds. I also added the final "ts" for Flint's comments......I had left it off originally because that is where the song part came in in my mind.

Then I looped it. I also added other things (the "wahhh"s I mentioned in my first post and some trumpet-y sounds, and also bass line). This is all me and all vocal. The harmonies/bass/trumpets are not perfect but it is good enough to see if anyone can get the song now. You should be able to I think. Quality may not be optimal b/c I had to convert to mp3 at a lower kbps rate to get the file size under allowable zip size.

vocalperk
Attached Files
File Type: zip For The Cellar_Mix Down.zip (282.6 KB, 122 views)
vocalperk is offline   Reply With Quote