The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 11-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

If you are abroad or travelling, could you help???

Just a favor to ask from our Cellar parents/grandparents, travellers and other dwellers.

My grandson's class is tracking the travels of the "gingerbread man" aka in other stories as Flat Stanley. Anyway, my #3 grandson is in kindergarten and the teacher read them a book about a little fellow who goes on a trip through the mail to other places; enough said.

So.... if there are those of you out there who understand this story, my g/son's class hopes to get post cards from around the world from that old "G-bread man" about his travels, maybe he is keeping up with the garden gnomes who seem to get about.

Here is the catch, they need to recieve them by December 12th, and any mail or post cards should say something about "Hey I'm the Gingerbread Man and I am in ______ and having a great time!" Anything else you want to add is ok as long as we keep in mind these are kindergarten age kids

Here is the teacher's address, etc.

Stephanie Warnock
West Memorial Elementary
22605 Provincial Blvd
Katy, TX 77450

So, if you have a few old post cards send them in! This is better then being asked to buy some kids stale candy for a fundraiser isn't it?
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:14 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Are they checking postmarks?
Old 11-26-2006, 05:27 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

"He'll" send one from Leicester at least. I'll see if I can get my parents to send one from Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire). There won't be an obvious connection between them and the handwriting will be different.

I'll try to get one from London, but it took a month of nagging to get cards for my Mum's 60th earlier this year so don't hold your breath!

Shame I'm not in my previous job (telephone support for a big retail company) I had a contact in damn near every town & city in the UK. I could have buried your Grandson's class and baffled the teacher!

But anyway - great idea and I'll post it tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
chrisinhouston
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Are they checking postmarks?
I'd imagine the teacher is the only one who would notice a postmark, I think they are going to do some kind of display of pins in a world map or something like that.

When my kids did this it was 3rd grade and they read a book about Flat Stanley, a little boy who wants to travel so he becomes flat and gets mailed around the world. People sent in pictures of him from different locations.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #5
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Okay - done. One from me and one from my Mum both in the post today, should be there in plenty of time.