The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 12-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Blind date from hell?

In the beginning...(isn't that how it always begins?)

Once upon a time there was a girl whose mother thought it was time to take it into her own hands and "get" her daughter a date. The daughter feels that although she gets enough action, and her heart is still with someone else. The mother would never know that, because the daughter doesn't fill the mother in on this sort of thing. So the daughter unwillingly decides it is ok for her mother to give this guy her phone number. For one thing, it will get her mother off her back, and for another, one just never knows. It could be a good thing?

It is logical for one to expect that her mother would know her well enough to not hook her up with someone she wouldn't like. At least the daughter thought so.

We'll call the guy Ninja, and the daughter the "unwitting woman", UW for short.

And so it begins...

One evening Ninja gives the UW a call. She doesn't answer; she's not exactly into the idea in the first place. He calls her back 45 minutes later, again, same thing. He tries again 2 days later; she actually picks up this time. They talk off and on for the next week. Ninja asks UW if she is interested in going to dinner, after she talks to him a couple more times she decides, why the hell not, right? I mean, ya never know unless you give it a shot.

Ninja calls UW the next night, and although UW doesn't answer, he leaves a message just to say "goodnight". ? Sort of. Nice? Maybe. Too early for that kind of call? Definitely. At least in the mind of UW.

UW doesn't return that phone call, and they don't talk for a couple of days. Ninja calls UW the day of their date and asks UW, "if she is still willing to go on the date"? Evidently UW was still in the positive realm of this type of hook up, even though it was a blind date and they had only talked a few times, and agreed to the date later that evening.

Ninja picks UW up at her place. She picks up her coat to put it on, he takes the coat from her. UW questions, "oh, you're going to help me put it on"? Ninja responds, "yes, i'm going to take care of you". Ninja then proceeds to help UW put on her coat. He is nice and pulls her hair out of the back of her coat for her, but then takes it one step further, and continues to touch her hair as if he is petting it.

Ninja and UW proceed on their "date". As they are driving Ninja starts rubbing his hands together, blowing on them to warm them up and talking about how cold it is outside. UW shrugs, "it's not that bad. I'm usually pretty warm". Ninja responds by saying "oh, that's a good thing, you can warm me up." He takes UW's hand and interlocks his fingers with hers. UW wasn't comfortable with that, and was even less comfortable when Ninja turns to her and asks "do you like that? does that feel good?" UW not very comfortable at this point removes her hand from his. UW makes some snide comment about not being use to holding hands to which Ninja responds "we'll get you use to it".

UW decides to let those first little things go and try and have a good time during dinner. They enter the restaurant Ninja talks a lot, about things of little interest to UW. At some point during the conversation UW notices that she sort of stopped paying attention to the words that he was saying and looked at him to try and catch up. When UW looked at Ninja she noticed that he was staring at her, with an awkward smile upon his face. UW literally lifted an at Ninja, to which he responded with a . UW caught this look from him not once or twice, but multiple times. Along with that look, as UW made eye contact with him throughout the night, he looked at her, longingly, like a man would look at his wife.

After dinner they take a drive through a park looking at Christmas lights. Not much was said, other than Ninja occasionally remarking about the beauty of the Christmas lights, and another incident of hand holding weirdness. This time, Ninja grabbed UW's hand, and shortly after laid his other hand on top of her hand and started stroking her hand. Tracing his fingers along hers, rubbing the top of her hand, and commenting about the rings on her fingers as well as how soft and gentle her hands feel.

Afer a 15 minute search of another place to view Christmas lights UW decides that 3 hours of feeling uncomfortable was enough and claimed that she was getting tired, and (literally) and that she needed to go home. Ninja dropped her off, walked her to the door and asked "if he could come in, and start a fire or something"? UW replied, "no, I don't invite people in on a first date". Ninja hugged UW, very tightly, for a very long and uncomfortable time. UW very gently let go and tried to step back. He proceeded to pull her back, tightly into her. : The hug broke; UW very quickly entered her place of residence, sighed a huge sigh of relief and called a friend to talk.

While UW was talking to her friend Ninja called. UW clicked over and found out that he had left something in her car. She went out to her opened it for him so that he could retrieve whatever it was that he had left behind. Ninja walked UW to her door again, and did a repeat of the afore mentioned goodbye hug, only this time he was more friendly with his hands, while making some sort of strange moaning noises at the same time. UW thought he may have smelled her hair or something equally as weird. She pulled away from this hug as he removed his glasses because they were all fogged up. UW quickly entered her apartment and locked the door.

This is the end of that story. What I’m wondering is, was the guy creepy or is UW a cold heartless bitch?
Old 12-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Jeez... Well I would say he is very creepy. He might just be an overly friendly person, or he might be moving too fast for UW. Regardless she needs to speak up to him that she is very uncomfortable with his physicial closeness and he needs to back off. I would also say that if he doesn't back off at this point then it might be time to tell him that the two just don't click.

What is some background on this guy? Has he been married before? Is he older and possibly ready to settle down and UW isn't?
Old 12-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
He might just be an overly friendly person, or he might be moving too fast for UW.
Or he might just be a hair fetishist.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
Iggy

I doubt it, since he was all feeling up her hands too.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Weirdo - way too much, way too soon. I missed something, though. When was Ninja in UW's car to leave something. I thought Ninja picked her up?
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Jeez... Well I would say he is very creepy. He might just be an overly friendly person, or he might be moving too fast for UW. Regardless she needs to speak up to him that she is very uncomfortable with his physicial closeness and he needs to back off. I would also say that if he doesn't back off at this point then it might be time to tell him that the two just don't click.

What is some background on this guy? Has he been married before? Is he older and possibly ready to settle down and UW isn't?

Very possibly Iggy, on all those things. He had been married before, at least from what my mom told me. He's 36 and may possibly be ready to settle down. Maybe if the creep factor wasn't so high he could achieve that goal again. Or maybe he needs to find a diffrent UW?
She did speak up by the way. UW told Ninja that she wasn't interested. After his 3 calls the next day, to which she didn't answer, there have been no other phone calls.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
Or he might just be a hair fetishist.

LOL SD, maybe so? I think his closet is chaulk full of freaky/creepy fetishes. That'd be cool, if UW was actually into him, and he didn't make her feel like she wanted to burn her skin off.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro
Weirdo - way too much, way too soon. I missed something, though. When was Ninja in UW's car to leave something. I thought Ninja picked her up?

I guess Ninja didn't exactly "pick" her up bbro, sorry for the confusion. He drove to UW's place, although she decided to drive from there. I dunno, maybe I felt like I would have more control over the situation if I drove, or maybe I just didn't wanna ride in his work truck? Either way...UW drove, Ninja was in my car.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #9
Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
and he didn't make her feel like she wanted to burn her skin off.
Nice phase there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
Very possibly Iggy, on all those things. He had been married before, at least from what my mom told me. He's 36 and may possibly be ready to settle down. Maybe if the creep factor wasn't so high he could achieve that goal again. Or maybe he needs to find a diffrent UW?
She did speak up by the way. UW told Ninja that she wasn't interested. After his 3 calls the next day, to which she didn't answer, there have been no other phone calls.
Sounds like things are figured out then. Maybe he got the picture finally. At least you can tell your mom that you tried and it didn't work out. Maybe she won't try to set you up again.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #10
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Yikes. Does the name Norman Bates mean anything to you? Creepy extraordinaire!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #11
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Hmmm...I dunno if he seems that weird. Maybe a bit overzealous, but the way I read it, he started off being a bit flirtatious and when he got no response, just arced it up a notch.

I dunno if it's different over there, but holding hands on the first date is reasonably common here, if not almost taken for granted, even if it is a blind date.

On the other hand, I've been on dates with guys that just didn't do it for me, and so I've found their advances kinda creepy, while if a guy I was really into did the same thing, I'd be ok with it.

I think if you don't like the guy it makes a big difference in how you percieve their behaviour.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #12
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Sounds creepy. Very creepy. Like Ted Bundy creepy. And how could he see Christmas lights if he was your blind date?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #13
Aliantha

lol blind date
Old 12-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #14
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
And how could he see Christmas lights if he was your blind date?

THAT'S why she had to drive!:p

A guy who I've just met being all misty-eyed, longing, touchy-feely...uh uh. I would be very frightened, but I've seen that character trait in some stalker-types.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #15
Aliantha

I think KV should have a serious chat with her mother if he really was that creepy.