The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-28-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
freshnesschronic
Professor

Wtf online dating pics!

So I was just on ebaumsworld.com and an ad on the right side of this video I was watching featured two girls touching tongues. The caption says, "Meet singles and uninhibited college girls. singles.net."

Wtf is the picture for, is it promoting hot lesbian action? By using singles.net you can get two hot girls make out with each other? I don't know but all this online dating advertising crap always shows naked women eying you or women in lingerie slowly and seductively undressing and I'm like "what does this have to do with online dating?"
College girls are definitely not going to be shopping for a 38 year old guy and the (no offense) the women to be found aren''t having their bras strategically falling off to reveal luscious breasts.

I can understand two silhouettes on a sunset or two couples foreheads touching but this advertising is inkling on false. I'm all for beautiful women advertised, but for appropriate stuff!
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Online Dating... pardon my ignorance, but is it meeting people online to date? Or meeting and dating people online?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
freshnesschronic
Professor

I assume it's whatever you want it to be. Dating people online, then moving forward to meet them in person?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
So I was just on ebaumsworld.com and an ad on the right side of this video I was watching featured two girls touching tongues. The caption says, "Meet singles and uninhibited college girls. singles.net."
Actually, the caption probably said, "Meet singles and uninhibited college girls. singles.net.*"

If you had looked at the bottom of the screen you would have found.

Quote:
*Disclaimer - Actually, these girls are lesbians. If you were to meet them they would probably ignore you seeing as how they are hot lesbians and you are a male geek desperate enough to click on this link.
I know. Everyone looks at the girls and forgets to read the fine print.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I check the fine print after I climb out of the bathtub full of ice, I woke up in.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Hey, these are the same girls that are on the late-night TV ads.

"Hi. I'm Tiffany, and this is my friend Brittany. We're lonely, and waiting for you to call."

Suuuuuurrrrrrrre.

I have a bridge to sell you...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost View Post
Hey, these are the same girls that are on the late-night TV ads.

"Hi. I'm Tiffany, and this is my friend Brittany. We're lonely, and waiting for you to call."

Suuuuuurrrrrrrre.

You mean the ones who turn out to be male ex-Marines?

Quote:
Sweet-voiced "Raven," a Cherokee Irishwoman, was such a hit with callers to a Nevada romance line that one man phoned 26 times in a single day; three sent love letters, and a caller from West Virginia proposed marriage. Most of her fans conjured a mental image of a temptress with long, silky hair, a fantasy figure and a gift for off-color gab. But Raven's real talent, it turns out, was for mimicry. The voice belongs to Darryl Malone, a 165-lb. National Guardsman, husband and father of four children who is now suing Northwest Nevada Telco for, of all things, sex discrimination.

Malone claims that because he is a man he has been passed over for raises and promotions during his eight months on the job. Last week the Nevada Equal Rights Commission, in a joint filing with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, held a fact-finding session on the case and is likely to make a recommendation next month. "You must be wondering how an ex-Marine could talk sex to men," says Malone. "I had to feed my family. There was a point when I thought Raven was going to take over my life. After I hung up the phone, I had to take a shower because I felt so dirty." The line of work was actually his wife's idea: "I thought, Who would be better for the job than a man, since a man knows what a man wants."
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #8
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
I can understand two silhouettes on a sunset or two couples foreheads touching but this advertising is inkling on false. I'm all for beautiful women advertised, but for appropriate stuff!
How is that inappropriate?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
How is that inappropriate?
I was referring to the lingerie models and lesbians being inappropriate visual advertising, I think the couple advertising is fine and fitting.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #10
rkzenrage

I don't think any of it is inappropriate.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #11
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
You mean the ones who turn out to be male ex-Marines?
I was looking for a way to supplement my income, but damn.....

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
rkzenrage

I'm sick of the homophobia in here.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
Ibby
erika

What homophobia? I mean, I'm fairly sensative to that kind of shit, and I dont see any here. I see an apparent contradiction that an ex-marine is doing phone sex, and I see people having a problem with having completely irrelevant pictures of chicks making out on a dating ad, but neither of those seems remotely homophobic to me.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #14
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

It is kind of homophobic that people are squicked out by the thought that the person they're having phone/cyber sex with might be omg a dude!!!1, but in a way that is so deeply entrenched that it's going to be several generations before it changes, at best. But I like the homophobia macro.

I dunno, it seems to me that a lot of guys' ideal is a woman who is hot, but so desperate for attention that she's happy to make out with girls for the benefit of any guys watching, despite that fact that she isn't actually into girls. I don't think that girls in that category use dating sites, though -- they seem to hang out in bars a lot.
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #15
nitro1364
Sibling of the Commonweal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost View Post
Suuuuuurrrrrrrre.

how much are you asking?
nitro1364 is offline   Reply With Quote