The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-06-2002, 01:25 AM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Religious Goods ... well, Bads, actually.

However, I may have to get some of these.

And no library is complete without a
bible.

All right ... the main page. Make sure you hit the "anti-poppy propaganda" links page.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:39 AM   #2
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

<a href="http://www.jesus21.com/poppydixon/product/panties/img/panty_3.gif"> gee, eternity </a>

Last edited by slang; 12-06-2002 at 08:42 AM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
<a href="http://www.jesus21.com/poppydixon/product/panties/img/panty_3.gif"> gee, eternity </a>
Just so long as you're "up" to it ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 12-06-2002, 01:07 PM   #4
headsplice
Relaxed

Wolf! You marvelous, marvelous, GENIUS!

heehee, what would Jesus do?

HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 12-06-2002, 01:43 PM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

awwww, shucks, twarn't nuthin'. Alls I did wuz post a link ...
(and wish I'd thought of it first)

Old 12-07-2002, 07:15 PM   #6
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Hey, I wonder what Jesus would shoot? Glock, Colt, Springfield?
And don't tell me he won't be packing next time around after that little crucifixtion incident.

<h1>WWJS!?</h1>
Old 12-07-2002, 08:15 PM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Seems obvious to me ...

A Glock.

Mebbe a browning hi-power for back up ...

Old 12-07-2002, 10:24 PM   #8
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Re: Seems obvious to me ...

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
A Glock.
Hmmm. I think the Big Guy would go for a Kimber, myself.

After all, he doesn't have to clean it himself...
Quote:

Mebbe a browning hi-power for back up ...
Very possibly. BHPs are *wonderful*; we have one (actually a Hungarian clone) here in the household, and it's everybody's favorite when size and weight aren't an issue.

I still am terribly fond of my Kel-Tec P-11...but if somebody offered me a Kimber Pro-Carry I certainly wouldn't turn them down.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:04 PM   #9
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Mystery solved. Looks like some type of ray gun revolver. Poor choice if you ask me, but who wants to argue with the son of God?
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2002, 01:32 PM   #10
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Re: Re: Seems obvious to me ...

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL
I still am terribly fond of my Kel-Tec P-11...but if somebody offered me a Kimber Pro-Carry I certainly wouldn't turn them down.

So you're not a Glock fan?
Old 12-08-2002, 04:32 PM   #11
MaggieL

Re: Re: Re: Seems obvious to me ...

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
So you're not a Glock fan?
Glocks are OK, I suppose. They certainly do have their fanatic adhereants. They are widely used institutionally. But somehow they just don't seem to me to have much character, class or soul. It's not because they're polymer; the P-11 is polymer too.

Just an emotional reaction I guess. They don't inspire me.

Old 12-08-2002, 05:06 PM   #12
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Re: Re: Re: Re: Seems obvious to me ...

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL

Glocks are OK, I suppose. They certainly do have their fanatic adhereants. They are widely used institutionally. But somehow they just don't seem to me to have much character, class or soul. It's not because they're polymer; the P-11 is polymer too.

Just an emotional reaction I guess. They don't inspire me.
Over all I agree, they really don't inspire me to shoot them. I think the design is fantastic, and being a design guy, can appreciate the funtion and manufacture of the Glock.

They lack US historical significance. They werent used in WW2, grandad didnt bring his Glock home from the war. The Colt 1911 he did bring home will always have special meaning. It is a part of history to be handed down from generation to the next. The Glock just doesnt have roots that deep in the culture yet, and if it does, it's a negative "gangsta" type relationship.

The Glock has an institutional character, as you said. There are a ton of other handguns I'd rather shoot either because the way they look or the "feel" of them. A few of my fav handguns to shoot are

<LI>Magnum Research- Desert Eagle in the 44 caliber. What a boat anchor!</LI>
<LI>Davis 38 cal over-under derringer, just because its a challenge to hang onto and/or hit anything with</LI>
<LI>Ruger GP100, 357cal. this one just feels good to shoot, the grip has that neoprene trim and is well balanced</LI>
<LI>Ruger Old Army black powder 44 cal. Half the time I cant get this thing to fire, its so cheap to shoot though , I bring it to the range when I can.</LI>
<LI>Ruger Black hawk 357. This one's got the 10" barrel so you can actually hit something with it. The 6 shot capacity slows me down a lot too, costs less to shoot.</LI>

Even though the Glock isn't my favorite gun to shoot, it's very reliable and compact (G30). I own a lot of handguns, I carry
a Glock.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:51 AM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm also a confirmed Glock fan. Although I'm not an engineer, nor do I play one on TV, I do appreciate the straightforward simplicity and unwavering reliability of the Glock. You point it in the desired direction, pull the trigger, it goes bang, you end up with a hole in something in the direction you pointed it. Over and over and over again.

I also dig the Glock story. Gaston Glock NEVER produced a gun of any kind prior to the Glock 17. He wanted a military manufacturing contract, though, and brought together some of the world's best experts to design a totally new handgun that would meet the specs. He won the contract, and hasn't looked back since. The company has continued to innovate and expand their product lines to become one of the premiere handgun manufacturers in the world.

Not bad for a company that made shovels, eh?

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Glock for another reason ... see, on our first date, my boyfriend, well, instead of showing up with a heart-shaped box of candy and some flowers ... well, he brought me a Glock.

Old 12-10-2002, 12:07 PM   #14
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
I have a soft spot in my heart for the Glock for another reason ... see, on our first date, my boyfriend, well, instead of showing up with a heart-shaped box of candy and some flowers ... well, he brought me a Glock.
Awwwww....:-)
Like I said, an emotional reaction. My sidearm is a gift from a lover too. :-) It's pretty good at the "point, pull trigger, make bang+hole" test too. And the parts count is *very* low. It's simple, and I like that.