The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 05-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #1
Billy
Professor

Matrix 2 is coming

I like Keanu Reeves' movies. Hi is very cool in movies.

I don't know where it will show in the USA and if I can watch in China cinema.
Attached Images

Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
Cam
dripping with ignorance

That's one of three movies I'm planning on seeing in theatres this summer, This movie, X2 and The Hulk. After that I'm just taking it whatever I can see.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:04 PM   #3
Billy
Professor

I don't understand

In fact, I don't understand Matrix 1. I like picture and technology.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2003, 11:17 PM   #4
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Yeah I know a lot of people that have that problem, I really didn't completely get it until I watched it a second time. I actually watched it last night for my 4 or 5th time(dropped to 15 dollars had been waiting for a year for that) and I caught so much I hadn't caught before.

It's an idea that's hard to fathom, I won't try and explain it to you, too complicated to do online I think.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:23 PM   #5
Billy
Professor

I will watch it agian

I will buy one DVD. See it many times. Sometimes you need have a good mood to follow the movie going on.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2003, 01:03 AM   #6
juju
no one of consequence

I believe that the Matrix is loosely based on "Ghost in the Shell". So, if you've ever seen that, maybe that might help you understand the plot.

I saw X-Men 2, and it was <b>awesome</b>. I mean, I couldn't believe how good it was. Utterly breathtaking and amazing. I encourage everyone here to go see it (but see the 1st movie first).
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:26 AM   #7
Billy
Professor

X-men 1 is just so so

I have watched X-men 1. I think it is just so so. I don't know how about X-men 2. I will go to see it if have a chance.
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2003, 12:00 PM   #8
ScottSolomon
Coronation Incarnate

Location: On the skin of a tiny planet in an obscure galaxy in a lackluster corner of the universe.
[fanboy geek mode: on]

XMen 2 was great. I love the Nightcrawler teleport sequence in teh beginning. I never really thought about nightcrawler using his pwers like that, but I think it was really well done.

I would have liked to see Sabretooth and Toad return in the new movie. I would like to have seen a less direct origin of Wolverine. I remember reading through so many episodes where little pieces of Wolverines origin were revealed. I really like Jean Grey's transition to Phoenix. I think they should have given Colosus and Banshee more screen time. I also think they should have added a danger room ( maybe that would have been too geeky )

The one thing that bugged me was the power they gave professor X. I do not think Prof actually had as much power as they indicated in the new movie.

But overall, I thought it was a great movie. I am so glad to see GOOD comic book movies coming out.

I saw a preview of Hulk, too. That looks freakin awesome. The Hulk version is like a green McFarlane Hulk - and they gave him the right amount of strength. One of the most bothersome things about the T.V. version of Hulk was that Hulk only turned over cars and busted through walls. They seemed like they did it right.

The only caveat was that the Hulk character looked a little like a puppet, but maybe the CG won't be too obvious in the actual movie.

[fanboy geek mode: off]

I hate those stupid geek movies.

Bertrand Russell

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

George Orwell

Last edited by ScottSolomon; 05-07-2003 at 12:02 PM.
ScottSolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 10:25 PM   #9
Billy
Professor

Should see it soon

As you say, I need go to see it. I don't know if it is better than first one. I need judge it by my eyes.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:33 PM   #10
juju
no one of consequence

I agree that X-Men 1 was only so so. That's why I was so surprised that X-Men 2 was so good.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 03:30 AM   #11
alamuhan
Romantic Necromancer

Oh, Matrix !

It's time for Matrix II !

I think it has something similar with Stanly Kubric' s(Partly ) A.I . Am i right ?

By the way , in your opinion is S.K a great director ?
alamuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #12
ScottSolomon
Coronation Incarnate

Location: On the skin of a tiny planet in an obscure galaxy in a lackluster corner of the universe.
I love everything Stabley Kurbick did except Eyes Wide Shit, I thought it was an inane and completely pointless pile of drivel (but I liked seeing LeeLee Sobieski in her underwear).

I do not consider AI to be a Kubrick film. I think it is a Spielberg adaptation of a Kubrick adaptation. I think Stanley would have done it much darker and much better than Spielberg - and I cannot stand to see bad science in a science fiction movie.

I love 2001 a space odyssey because they did space right. No explosion sounds, to external noise - just cold silent space. It is one of my favorite movies.

I love Dr. Strangelove, too. I made my wife sit down and watch it and she thinks that the charactors in it are eeerily reminiscent of an administration we all know that rhymes with "smoosh".

Bertrand Russell

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

George Orwell
Old 05-14-2003, 08:14 PM   #13
Billy
Professor

Spielberg is a talent

He can show the best thing to the audiences. He give me a dream world. I like his movies. Hope he can cast more movies in the future.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:55 AM   #14
ScottSolomon
Coronation Incarnate

I am sorry Billy, but Stanley Kubrick died about 2 years ago. This was part of the reason why Spielberg ended up ruining AI.

Bertrand Russell

George Orwell
Old 05-15-2003, 12:58 AM   #15
ScottSolomon
Coronation Incarnate

Sorry - I just read your post more carefully. I did not realize you were wrtiting about Spielberg.

Personally I think Spielberg is hit and miss. I love his historical dramas like "Saving Private Ryan" and "Shindler's List", but I did not care for his childish take with "AI".

I think he was great with "Close Encounters" but quite poor with "E.T.".

Bertrand Russell

George Orwell