The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 09:33 AM   #1
GarlicQueen
May Ter Dee

Smile August 26, 2001: This Year's Pick And Eat Your Own Tomato Picnic!

Here's an invite for all the Cellar folks to come join us outdoor folks for the Pick And Eat Your Own Tomato Picnic. It's really becoming *the* summer event around here and you folks really need to spend more time outside and less watching the Genome@Home data dance across your computer screens! The software will crunch the data just fine without you folks -- come eat tomatoes with us for an afternoon instead! :-D

Join us for this annual celebration of the tomato harvest -- and for our only garden event dedicated to relaxation! ;-) (After all, "Make A Difference Day," our Fall Work Day on October 27th, is coming sooner than you think! ;-D)

Once again, we'll have plenty of baskets on hand so folks can wander through the entire garden and pick whatever heirloom tomatoes you'd like to try. Join us under the new hardy kiwi pergola for an afternoon of fresh food in a beautiful setting!

The details follow:

When: August 26, 2001; 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm

Where: St. John's United Church of Christ Organic Community Garden, 412 Fairview Street, Phoenixville, PA

Bring: Your favorite food to eat with tomatoes, (your own tomatoes if you REALLY think they are better than ours! ;-)), a lawn chair, picnic games, yourself, your family and all your friends!
Old 08-04-2001, 05:33 PM   #2
jaguar
whig

awwww....i wanna come!
Old 08-05-2001, 02:17 AM   #3
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

actually, I do pick and eat my own tomatoes...that's right, I'm a garden nut. You wouldn't know it, but I have quite a collection of herbs and veggies propogating themselves and making yummy things for me at any given moment, I even have indoor plants in the winter (fresh basil? but it's january!)
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-05-2001, 03:26 AM   #4
jaguar
whig

I used ot cook alot, and so i started growing my own veggies and herbs
then i started screwing with sql - order another pizza?
depressing
although i do exersize twice a day - pushups, situps, curls
Old 08-05-2001, 03:33 AM   #5
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

Cooking is how I got to growing that kind of stuff, too. I still do it when I take hack breaks, you know how it gets after about 6 hours and the 4th cup of coffee, when your eyes glaze over and your teeth feel like they're growing hair. At about that point, I either screw around with my foliage, or cook something....many a Chicken Parmigiana has been produced at 4am in this house, and I have yet to hear anyone complain.
Closed Thread