Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-03-2003, 12:52 AM   #1
Rush Limballs
NOT a gay republican

I'm being set up by the Clintons

What more is there to say?

Conservatives hate illegal drug use. Do you really think I could be involved with the illegal use of prescription painkillers?
Old 10-03-2003, 03:28 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're rich, famous, politically connected, powerful, influential and therefore above the law the controls the huddled masses.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:03 AM   #3
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Ahhhh I was wondering how long it would be before this one came up here! It's been a bad coupla days for Rush.

I have to say I'm skeptical. It seems unlikely to me that that huge quantity of pills could be delivered to somebody as high-profile as Rush for so long without somebody noticing. (Yeah, I'm sure he used go-betweens. Still.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:36 AM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The maid says she has audio. I can't wait.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #5
russotto
Professor

Just being Rush Limbaugh is probably painful enough that all those pills were legitimate :p
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:38 AM   #6
dave

That warranted a hearty chuckle. Very nice.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:13 AM   #7
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Maybe it was one of Rush's "Youthful Indescretions". I hear it's ok for Repubicans to have those. Those who aren't republicans are criminal "drug users" who should be jailed and those who are republican have "youthful indescretions" and should be appointed president by the Supreme Court.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:22 AM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I just listened to his show opening to see what he would have to say about the drug angle, and he gave what one could only call a bizarre non-denial.

It was fun to imagine millions of stunned ditto-heads sitting there saying "say it ain't so!". Rush said "Trust me" and "I'm humbled by your support" and "I'm trying to get to the bottom of this" and "I'm confused by everything going on" and "my listeners are like family" and "thank you for your supportive emails". But not once did he say anything remotely like "it ain't so" or "I have never tried to get prescription drugs from my housekeeper, and the facts will bear this out." Not even the expected "Wahhh, wahhh, they're attacking me/us again! Al Franken probably did drugs in the 70s and nobody said anything!"
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #9
Rush Limballs
NOT a gay republican

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Blah, blah, blah.... above the law [that] controls the huddled masses.
Bruce, are you from Rio Linda?

I am hated by tens of millions of people who have *never even listened to my show*! Democrats politicians use *my name* in vain during campaigns to garner support and they would like nothing more than to see me dethroned (because I know these liberals like the back of my hand and I expose what they really think and do).

I am not above the law! I cant afford to be, the left looks to attack me from any and every angle. When was the last time *you* had your tax returns audited seven consecutive years?

The left , or should I say, the Clintons, will stop at nothing to discredit me.

(Rush reaches for small bag of M & M's with "substandard" looking candies inside...pours a few in his hand and downs them)

Last edited by Rush Limballs; 10-03-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Rush Limballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:31 PM   #10
Rush Limballs
NOT a gay republican

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas
Ahhhh I was wondering how long it would be before this one came up here! It's been a bad coupla days for Rush.
It was just a coincindence that the "racially insensitive" NFL comment/my resignation came in the same week as the National Enquirer (??!!) release of some ridiculous allegations.

Since when does this rag have any credibility? I dont even consider it's articles material for the show, even when they bash dems!
Old 10-03-2003, 01:40 PM   #11
God
Not half the God I used to be

You just cant predict what some people will do with the talent you *lend them* (From RL's show - talent on loan from God)

As for the audio tapes, I was wondering why WJC was praying so much for a miracle.

Yes, I do hear everyone's prayers even if they mock me and use my houses for raising campaign cash contributions to gain power and ultimately remove me from the finest country on your little planet, the one I had a major hand in creating.

As for assistance with prayers......thats another story entirely.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:44 PM   #12
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
and should be appointed president by the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court stopped the illegal activity of the state supreme court and did *not* appoint Bush.

I know, you have all the background and details and you hate Bush. Hate him for something *real*, not this. There are many things you can pick to hate him for.....like the war.

The drug "policy" of the reps *is* a disaster, we are in complete agreement on that point. There is a great deal of hypocracy over the whole issue.

Last edited by slang; 10-03-2003 at 01:47 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:53 PM   #13
Kofi Annan
Looking for another UN deal to get in on

Ring, ring.....ring, ring.....

MediaConspiracyMan: Hello.

Kofi: Yes, it's me.....THE MAN

MediaConspiracyMan: Who the fuck is this ....you know I can have this call traced in 2 seconds dumbass. Try pranking another number!

Kofi: It's the *UN MAN*, the one who pays your salary assface!

MediaConspiracyMan: Ohh shit....sorry sir.

Kofi: I just called to say.....nice work on the Rush smear.

click

Last edited by Kofi Annan; 10-03-2003 at 01:59 PM.
Kofi Annan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 02:27 PM   #14
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
I know, you have all the background and details and you hate Bush. Hate him for something *real*, not this.
Don't worry I've got dozens upon dozens of reasons to hate him other than the questionable means by which he came to hold the office of the presidency.

Here's the biggest reasons.

1. He has violated the Constitution more than all other presidents combined including Lincoln.

2. He started an unconstitutional war without provocation against a non-threatening sovereign nation.

3. His ignorance and poor excuse for foreign policy has nearly taken us to WW3 (See his refusal to apologize to China for spying on them)

4. He spends more money than any Democrat including increased spending on unconstitutional social welfare programs.

5. He's a military deserter and a draft dodger.

6. He championed the single most unconstitutional piece of legislation ever in the United States (The Patriot Act)

7. He created a new and unconstitutional part of government (Homeland Security Department)

8. He's a lying weasel and a hypocrite. He was a coke head and now wants to lock others up for using drugs.

9. He has attempted to mix church and state by giving government money to churches.

10. He is a mass murderer who is no better than Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden.

I could go on and on, but you get the point.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 02:28 PM   #15
Griff
still says videotape

Thanks for the afternoon laugh, keep up the good work.

We shoulda seen this coming a mile away but I never thought anyone would dare screw with Rush. I'm holding my breath waiting for the "youthful indiscretions" speech, that should be a cool wav file. The interesting thing is how this is coming during the Democratic offensive casting around for a charasmatic lefty radio guy along with Frankens usual stuff... funny timing. If Rush melts down who can the right run with?