The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 04:24 PM   #1
markmarion
Fellow-Commoner

Not a thread ( sorry if I goofed here )

Erm, so I was errrr, I was in a cupboard, I had a broom & a sandwich. I was OK but a little introspective, & feelin a lil down. And this guy, some guy came ...along....and errr, suggested I stop fellin so DANG SORRY for myshelf in my cupboard with my broom & my shandwich & maybe I should drop by and see what I think of the Cellar. Its kinda strange being told " Hey pal, its not GOOD for you to sit there in that cupboard, why dont you come & visit the cellar, Huh?".

But I did, obviously, & I have to say that having arrived here, I havent a SINGLE CLUE HOW TO WORK THIS THING.

I have that feeling you get when the train driver feints from lack of food, & you were just visiting the drivers cabin, cuz...I dont know, maybe its yer birthday or something, & you like trains...so its like a special treat, and your taking your friends to the movies or something, in the neighbouring State but one, and you wanted to see the drivers cabin. And, well, the guy says " Wanna steer this big ol hunk o'steel lil fella?" & you go " WOW, Okay Mishter" & he hands you that little console control thing, & he's about to tell ya how to do it, & ... HE JUST FALLS DOWN. OUT COLD. And theres this blue stuff busting outta his nostrils, & his hands are like big claws. And you look at the hostess, but she's real scared and screaming & slapping herself all upside the place, & you look at the control-stick, & none of the words make sense, & the train is doing 350kph, & its gone WAY OFF The tracks, & you're ploughing through a field, & there's this OPERA music bustin out of the tannoy system, like the OMEN music, & people are countin on you, & screaming, & there's a nun or a preist ( or a Rabbi ), & this really busty blonde model in a miniskirt is pouting & tearing off her clothes & begging you to make meaningful love to her before you plough off the cliff into the ocean because her husband never did, & she never felt a REAL man before, but you're only three years old, & you're just goin to the movies with your buds. And your pants are wet.

ya know the feeling?

So, I decided to make a post just to see what happens. Its not a thread, and I polologise if I have done wrong by posting this.

Please forgive me, I just wanna see what happens. If I haven't bugged the beejeezus out of you with this post, I would appreciate a couple of 'Hi's' just to see what happens.

( Lawd I feel so DUMB )

MM ( over 13yrs old, promise )

Hey COOL! There's a limit to how long your messag
Old 11-08-2001, 04:30 PM   #2
dave

you have been smoking crack cocaine, correct?

Old 11-08-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
markmarion
Fellow-Commoner

HEY!

Do you ... KNOW me?

Are you like, LOOKING AT ME, Right nOW?

Its not crack. Honest. Its a ... a .... talcum powder applicator.

Sorry if my post bugged. Just checkin the process here. I've just arrived, and I'm unremarkably dumb.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:05 PM   #4
dave

hehe. well. welcome to the cellar. wins my award for "coolest online community"... check out all the threads and make yourself at home...

Old 11-08-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

*chuckle*

Finest post I've seen in many a day! You'll fit in just fine around here.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

And he was right about it not being a thread, just like Magritte was right when he painted a painting of a pipe and titled it "This is not a pipe".

The next question is when it DOES become a thread, if it ever does. Is it one now? Is it NOW? NOW?
Old 11-08-2001, 10:54 PM   #7
jaguar
whig

That reminds me distinctly of a firends theory of monkeys evolving into humans due to use of magic mushrooms....he knows alot about those........schpongle came to mind too...
Old 11-09-2001, 03:59 AM   #8
markmarion
Fellow-Commoner

The birth of a thread

Its an interesting thought ( for me anyways ): at what point does a simple message gain enough responses to be eligible for recognition as a 'thread'.

One post alone does not make a thread, nor does one post and one reply. So there must be a 'critical mass' point that is reached and breached after which the idle banter becomes a point of sustainable discussion.

I guess thats the second aspect of a potential thread that needs to be assessed: 'Is the nature of the topic sustainable as a compelling point of interest?'

I think this is something worthy of some fairly in-depth discussion by members of this community. What say we all offer our thoughts and opinions on this to see if we can establish some means of classification.

:p

If this should happen, I would like to inform you all that in order to secure my aims of turning this initial banal introduction into a legitimate and hotly discussed thread, I will be disagreeing with all future opinions that may emerge on this topic on the most scientific grounds I can think of. At the time.

And further more (PTO)...
Closed Thread