The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-22-2003, 11:06 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

8/22/2003: Newborn panda

It's the San Diego Zoo where Bai Yun, their female giant panda, has just given birth to an amazingly tiny little cub (in the rectangle there). If you go to the San Diego Zoo website, and have good bandwidth and Realplayer, you can see all kinds of amazing videos of her giving birth and playing with the young one.

They have a mating video too. They say that Bai Yun and male Gao Gao "did it" three times... through cage bars. Sexxxy! If you watch the video, you can actually hear the visiting zoologists orgasming.

Bai Yun was carrying twins, and there is no sign of the other bear yet. The first birth was Tuesday, and the second normally happens within 12 hours. Apparently she had a few contractions yesterday, but nothing appeared. They figure the other twin will be stillborn eventually, but these pandas are so rare that the one living cub is reason for celebration.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:21 AM   #2
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

I think I saw a clip of this on the news the other day. They had it in an incubator. (At least I assume this is what it was. I was just flipping through the channels.) Bright pink with a huge tail and an even bigger mouth. Basicly it was a mouth and tail with legs trying to stand up.

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 02:08 PM   #3
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah
I think I saw a clip of this on the news the other day. They had it in an incubator. (At least I assume this is what it was. I was just flipping through the channels.) Bright pink with a huge tail and an even bigger mouth. Basicly it was a mouth and tail with legs trying to stand up.

Quzah.
I'm not positive, but I don't think you saw this baby in an incubator. The news here in SD said the zookeepers were leaving well enough along for the time being. They are concerned for the unborn baby, but are not going to do an ultrasound on mama so that she can have uninterupted time to bond w/ her newborn and that they are going to wait a while before they take the baby to inspect it's health status and gender for the same reason.

PS..... Panda's don't have 'huge' tails. I don't think they really have tails so to speak, a nub if anything.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace

Last edited by LUVBUGZ; 08-22-2003 at 02:25 PM.
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 06:45 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

How long before it gets cute?
Old 08-23-2003, 12:14 AM   #5
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Dammit all! More happy animals??? Where is the equal time??? Don't you realize there are more happy animal IOTD's than any other kind? Judging from UT's choice of pictures you would think being an animal is always a fun happy cute thing! He is clearly showing bias here! Not only that, he's coming into our homes and forcing these images on us against our will!!!
      As if that weren't enough any attempt to show him the folly of his ways ends with him locking down the thread saying only that he is to intelligent to bother discussing anything with us.
      No more I say! If He can't show animals being unhappy and ugly then He must admit His evil outright!

Well, that was fun. Now to wait and see if UT'll laugh or nuke my account...

Last edited by Whit; 08-23-2003 at 12:17 AM.
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:26 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well Whit, if you really think this is biased why don't you get off your butt and post some sad animals. Start you're own thread with all your sad tails.:p
Old 08-23-2003, 12:27 AM   #7
juju
no one of consequence

Does anyone know of a non-happy-cute-animal website that posts interesting images on a daily basis? No, waitaminute. I think I'll just stay here and bitch.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:32 AM   #8
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Start you're own thread with all your sad tails.:p
I'm sorry, but your accidental grammatical error has rendered this sentence completely unreadable. It is nothing but nonsensical gibberish to me now. Is it Latin? German? French? I just can't tell!
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:36 AM   #9
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Fine Bruce, here is a link.
http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php...hlight=Antlers
     See how miserable it can be to an animal?!? You don't see this kind of thing around here...
Old 08-23-2003, 12:36 AM   #10
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Undertoad is nothing but a biased son of a bitch. And every time I see him post cutesy photos like this, I'm gonna call him on it.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:52 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Your right, Whit. I like that site muuuuch better than the Cellar.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:09 PM   #12
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
I'm sorry, but your accidental grammatical error has rendered this sentence completely unreadable. It is nothing but nonsensical gibberish to me now. Is it Latin? German? French? I just can't tell!
It's Gutterspeak; a mishmash of Latin, German, French, Japanese, Spanish, what have you. I think that translates to:"Him say you Bladerunner"
Old 08-23-2003, 04:43 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
How dare you descride my clever juxtaposition as an accidental grammatical error, you,you Bladerunner.:p