Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Today I am teary and miserable for no apparent reason.
you have every reason to be teary and miserable. Just feel it. It will go.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Finding yourself "teary and miserable for no apparent reason", is like finding a stain on your blouse. It sucks, but it's temporary. Look at it as a legitimate excuse to pamper yourself today.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

My mate Jan went through the teary and miserable for no reason stuff quite a lot during the first couple of months or so after her stroke. Sounds horrible to have to go through.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
The therapist in training didn't come today. Shame. ..... Today I am teary and miserable .....
I don't think these two things are unrelated.

Sent by thought transference
Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #20
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Today I am teary and miserable for no apparent reason.
You have a right. Your feelings are valid. I hope they will ease soon, but in the meantime don't feel you 'should' be feeling something else.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #21
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Please just let me vent ... don't judge.
If venting doesn't do the trick for you, feel free to unleash on me if a good knock-down-drag-out here will get frustration out of your system and spare the ones you live with. You can't blame God for this situation 'cause you're an atheist; but, I can be the next best thing if scapegoat fever sets in. I'm not going anywhere and you know the make-up sex will be good. Keep it in mind.

(get it ... sexobon ... make up sex)
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #22
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
Some thoughts based on my experience after major surgery and prolonged recovery:
  • You are not responsible for making other people feel better about your health. People hope you are making steady improvement, but there is no way you can guarantee this. I finally landed on the following: "I have good days and bad days." If I felt good that day I followed it with "Today's a good day". If not it was "Today's not so good".
  • You have had a major setback. You will get depressed, if you're not already. If you're like me you're thinking, "Is this what it's going to be like for the rest of my life?" You need at least a few people that you can be honest with about what you're going through.
  • On the other hand, the only people who can really understand are those who have been through what you're experiencing. Find a support group - online or irl. People in a support group will understand what you are going through and may be able to help with coping ideas. Reddit has a stroke group at http://www.reddit.com/r/stroke. I'm sure there are others out there.
You're a good man,thanks. I have found these all to be true. Re the last one...........

Today the poor treasurer who volunteered to pick me up and take me to school tody so I could run the scrip store and so she could help me decipher my handwriting (from pre-stroke) so i could catch up on the paperwork I would have caught up on over the break.... and who is a breast cancer survivor got the deluge on thw way to school.

She gets it so much more than others who are closer, but lucky so far.

Tody I definitely wheeled out the good and bad days thing and "today has not been the best, but I'll get there...." seems tobe a good one for them and me. I sill get there, but right now it's still shit.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #23
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
I don't think these two things are unrelated.

Sent by thought transference
oh I do. I was teary and miz before i knew she wasn't coming. I cheered up a little when she didn't show The therapist in training is such a tit she's the one I get bitchy at. She's no newb -just training to do in-home rather thsn outpatients and she's so patronizing. When i remembered her name to say goodbye after the firt visit (60 minutes retention, peeps) (Sarah) said "oh wow, you haven't losyt your memory then, you remembered my name!" Yes, bitch, I need to make sure i get it right for my voodoo spells......" She talks about me in front of me to my official therapist like I'm an interesting but non-sentient case "have youu tried xyz with her, how did she react to that?"......, talks to my cat in a baby voice "aaaaw, are we messing about with your mommy?".... #cuntpuntaisle4
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If they're patronizing just say, "Peel me a grape".
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

You forgot " Byotch !!"
Old 01-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #26
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Good people can have bad ideas, you've got to sepsrate the person from the idea. Monster's been doing a good job of that.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote