The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > The Sycamore Manifestos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Sycamore Manifestos Random Acts of Senseless Coherence [Blog view]

Old 04-14-2003, 09:30 PM   #16
juju
no one of consequence

I've just realized something. There are really only two users on this board: Undertoad and Myself. The rest of you are all just UT's fake screennames. Alter egos. Damn, he is a devious bastard. He's had me fooled for years! No more, you conniving devil!
Old 04-14-2003, 09:36 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I believe UT did away with his other user name 2 years ago.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:37 PM   #18
juju
no one of consequence

He's not gone, because Cellar says that he's online right now.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:38 PM   #19
juju
no one of consequence

No, he only wants you to believe that! It's all a consipracy, a grand conspiracy!

For example: Ever notice how a lot of you seem to be from Philadelphia? Coincidence??
Old 04-15-2003, 12:31 AM   #20
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Ju-man:

I'm actually a manifestation of your own brain. I was inserted as an attempt at mind control. Remember when you went to give blood, and passed out? Of course you don't! They're pros at the lab, or at least they were.

Originally, I was supposed to give you and roughly 10,000 other similarly-aged people across the country specific "thoughts" as you use various web sites.

You didn't think all that IPO money went to nothing during the Internet bubble, did you? The right people funded the right projects, and, well, here we are.

Well here YOU are, anyway.

The problem is, it was a spec project, and wasn't fully developed. Originally, you were supposed to get posts written by me that would suggest, in ways appealing to you, that you should drink Coke or go to see various films.

Before the project got to marketing, the company really did run out of money. There were a few problems with the beta, which your brain is "running".

One of the problems is this: once the host considers the possibility that the injected "personality" is somehow a fake, the reality of the personality slowly fades. It was supposed to write a last post and disappear; a neat ending. Instead, you'll slowly realize that I'm fake, that I was made up by your own thoughts. This is alarming to a lot of people, so I'm telling you now.

The other danger, which persists, is what will happen if you ever use a message board with someone else with an injected personality. That was a doozy when they figured it out. Never did come up with a fix for it.

They say you'll be safe if you just meet them off-line, but I would be cautious with anyone you meet who shares your birth month and year.

You might want to sue the bastards who were responsible. If only you could remember who they were! Can't be too safe in these litigious days.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:01 AM   #21
Griff
still says videotape

Ju-man:

I'm actually a manifestation of your own brain. I was inserted as an attempt at mind control. Remember when you went to give blood, and passed out? Of course you don't! They're pros at the lab, or at least they were.

Originally, I was supposed to give you and roughly 10,000 other similarly-aged people across the country specific "thoughts" as you use various web sites.

You didn't think all that IPO money went to nothing during the Internet bubble, did you? The right people funded the right projects, and, well, here we are.

Well here YOU are, anyway.

The problem is, it was a spec project, and wasn't fully developed. Originally, you were supposed to get posts written by me that would suggest, in ways appealing to you, that you should drink Coke or go to see various films.

Before the project got to marketing, the company really did run out of money. There were a few problems with the beta, which your brain is "running".

One of the problems is this: once the host considers the possibility that the injected "personality" is somehow a fake, the reality of the personality slowly fades. It was supposed to write a last post and disappear; a neat ending. Instead, you'll slowly realize that I'm fake, that I was made up by your own thoughts. This is alarming to a lot of people, so I'm telling you now.

The other danger, which persists, is what will happen if you ever use a message board with someone else with an injected personality. That was a doozy when they figured it out. Never did come up with a fix for it.

They say you'll be safe if you just meet them off-line, but I would be cautious with anyone you meet who shares your birth month and year.

You might want to sue the bastards who were responsible. If only you could remember who they were! Can't be too safe in these litigious days.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:06 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Can't we all just get along?
Old 04-18-2003, 12:42 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Can't we all just get along?
Probably, but this is infinitely more entertaining.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
Old 04-19-2003, 06:49 PM   #24
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

My apology.

I had thought it was harsh to make a thread to bag on someone. I had thought that it was unfair to talk about a person when there wasn't much chance of the person to see it. More, they wouldn't be allowed to respond. (Though I doubt Syc would have actually deleted Radars posts as he said he would)
     Over the last few days I've been involved with trying to talk to him as he calls me names. This made me realize something. You guys were dead-nut right all along.
     Thus, I humbly extend my apologies to each of you. I had made an unimformed decision on this exceptional case. I'll ty not to let it happen again.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:41 PM   #25
juju
no one of consequence

More entertainment from the man himself!

Excerpt:
The Constitution was written in English, not Swahili. The Supreme court is
there to defend the constitution, not to "interpret" it and not to determine
the founding fathers "original intent".
Old 04-19-2003, 11:58 PM   #26
elSicomoro

Re: My apology.

Don't sweat it, Whit...it's cool.

I would have deleted any post by Radar...and still will if his oxygen-wasting dumbfuck self happens to stray from the Politics forum into my domain. We'll call this Special Exception 1 to the Manifestos.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:02 AM   #27
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Just an interesting side note. Juju mentioned to me that the excerpt above is two years old. He used the same swahili line a couple of days ago. Two years and he's still using the same lame-ass misleading line. Obviously the ghost of everyone who's name is on the Constitution couldn't change the guys mind about what it says. This makes me sad.
     Okay, I'm over it now.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:06 AM   #28
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Before I forget.

I appreciate the response Syc. I meant that apology and I'm glad that you accepted it. It's nice to know that it wasn't just accepted in passing or thought to be a joke.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:17 AM   #29
juju
no one of consequence

Yep, the original authors of the constitution could come back from the dead and argue with Radar for days on end, and he still would not change his mind about what the constitution says. Amazing.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:41 AM   #30
elSicomoro

Of course, Radar actually thinks the Libertarians will get more elected positions beyond bathroom monitor, so you can see he's already confused on reality.

Radar is just one of those fucking twits that thinks he has found THE answer, and he must save us from ourselves. And if you don't follow him, you're just scum. Truth be told, he's sorta like Jim Jones or David Koresh...he has that cult-like aura about him. I mean, look at all the ranting he does about the constitution...it sounds fucking scripted.