FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Creative Expression Post your own works and chat about them

Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Katkeeper's store

Well okay mine too:

http://enamelplace.com

It's "open" but this is the first place that is announced.

If you try it and have a problem of some sort, let me know.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Nice and tight. No flaws found so far. And the subjective evaluation is two thumbs up. Nicely laid out, consistent pictures, easy navigation. I haven't tried to buy something (yet), and that's obviously an important part to have right.

I especially liked the consistent and professional photography of the items. I liked the lighting coming in from the side a little.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Cool, but a couple of oddities, thus: click on pendants and get no thumbnails. click on an item, image pops up, click on enlarge get a tiny pop up window with a picture of a dime.

using firefox.

I want to search more here, tomorrow is our 10th anniversary.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
glatt

I registered. It was painless. My only suggestion would be to put the United States first in the drop down menu of countries to save a second or two of scrolling time. Not a big deal, but you might want to change that.

I just tried to buy some earrings, but ran into a small glitch, so I'm holding off and keeping them in my shopping cart. I wanted to mail them to myself at work, so I could keep it a surprise for my wife. My work address needs more than one line for the street address. I need space for my name, my company's name (because there is more than one company in the building,) and the street number.

There's no rush for me for this order to go through, so don't feel pressured by me to change it.

The rest of the site looked really nice and worked very well.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Hmmm, the Dallas women both got their ears pierced a couple weeks ago.....
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

A small aesthetic thing: it seems strange to display ten thumbnails per page but arrange them in three columns. It was awhile before I noticed that there were additional pages at the bottom of each category because the unfinished row made it look like the "end" of the pictures.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

We bought this special translucent hood device for the photography... works like a charm.

I've added Company Name to the list of fields you can fill in.

No thumbnails is a strange occurrence; think that was a glitch. The enlarge window size thing is a problem.. it should be more like 800x600. You can resize that window by hand, but I still have to figure out where that size is set up.

CF, maybe just one page with all of them on it, instead of having page after page with item?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #8
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
CF, maybe just one page with all of them on it, instead of having page after page with item?
Sure, that would work, or just display 9 or 12 items per page so it looks full. Personally I like having everything on one page, but maybe ask a dial-up user how fast it loads that way.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #9
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

60 per page it is.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
Griff
still says videotape

Nice work, Mom and Son alike. The holidays are coming!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #11
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
I've added Company Name to the list of fields you can fill in.
Cool. I just completed an order. I can't wait to see it. I just realized that our anniversary is coming up in two weeks, so these earings will be perfect.

I'm not complaining, just giving feedback. When I wanted to print out the confirmation of the order, a new window (in Firefox) opened up with a full page preview of the confirmation. When I clicked the java "print" icon within the page, it printed out real tiny, all scrunched up in the top two inches of the paper. I'm fine with that for my needs, but it doesn't look like the on-screen print preview at all. I have no idea if it's something on my end with my printer settings. The last thing I printed previously was done in the fast/rough draft mode on my printer. Maybe that had something to do with it? Or maybe it's something else?

Edit: btw, I got both confirmation e-mails when I registered and placed the order, so that's working great.

Last edited by glatt; 09-14-2006 at 09:07 PM.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #12
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'll take a look at the print confirm... that's weird. Thank you sir! Your order goes out tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #13
Clodfobble

Cool, I like it much better with all the products in a category on one page.

Also, just noticed something else funky: In the "Latest Products" window on the left hand side, there is a little arrow you can click to presumably view all the most recently added products. Clicking this arrow brings up a single thumbnail, with the caption "Displaying 1 to 8 (of 13 new products)." Clicking the "Next" page button brings up another single thumbnail, and those are the only two you can view.

Also, if you run a search for anything, at the top of the page it says "Top » Catalog » Advanced Search's" instead of "Advanced Searches".

Forgive the anal retentiveness, I did used to work in QA. The site is very well-designed, and the jewelry is beautiful! Will any of the bowls or wall artwork make it to the site for sale?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #14
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No no, thank you VERY much for pointing these things out. It's worthwhile to get these little things worked out.

I really hope other items can go on the site. I would love to feature all kinds of things.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

UT, exactly what kind of hood did you get to do the pictures? I've seen those, but I don't do enough "product shot" type of things to justify getting one.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote